Auf wiedersehen ID.3 friends

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G EV

Post by G EV »

Hi All - just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks to all on the forum for the help and support while having the ID.3. Scratch and Sidehaas in particular, really appreciate all the nuggets of info on a whole variety of topics. Keep up the great work.
I said goodbye to my ID.3 Tech this morning and picked up an Ioniq 5 AWD. Auf widersehen ID3 :-(
I have been well looked after by my ID3 and have very few complaints about the car. A solid car that worked round town and on longer trips also.
The Ioniq was about 190 miles away from me, so I had a good play this afternoon whilst driving home. What a machine and also a pleasure to drive. I am not going to do a direct comparison of the two cars as they are fundamentally different but as far as first impressions go, the Ioniq 5 is superb. Super quiet, well built cabin and having 225kW and two motors at the disposal of your right foot is bonkers. One thing I can confirm after just going out, the led lights are nowhere near as good as the matrix lights on the ID3 :-)
So once again, thanks to all and good luck with your ID3’s.
Cheers,
Gareth

PS There is a genuine VW granny charger for sale if anyone is interested. I will post in the classifieds section soon.

fatman

Post by fatman »

enjoy your new motor mate
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Thanks and you're welcome. Glad to have helped! Is it a new Ioniq 5 or used? I am tempted by a used one to replace our remaining ICE. Just haven't convinced myself of the finances yet. It's surprising how little extra the AWD costs vs the RWD, when you compare against the extra you have to pay for a higher power (GTX) ID4/5.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

I don't suggest the ID.3 is more resistant, but Ioniq 5s are noted as being vulnerable to opening with some sort of key dialogue interceptor and counterfeiter. You might like to make an additional arrangment to stop anyone getting in and driving off.

I'm wondering if I ought to for the ID.3 - has anyone done so?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Midgex wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:01 am I don't suggest the ID.3 is more resistant, but Ioniq 5s are noted as being vulnerable to opening with some sort of key dialogue interceptor and counterfeiter. You might like to make an additional arrangment to stop anyone getting in and driving off.

I'm wondering if I ought to for the ID.3 - has anyone done so?
The Ioniq 5 break-in method isn't dependent on key intercept so things like Faraday pouch are no help. There are discussions of it on speakev.com and ioniqforum.com.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Thanks for the thanks. Not sure what I did to help, as I also rely on the experts here.
I wanted an Ionic 5 but it was really too big for us. Plus SWMBO didn’t really take to it. I would get yourself a steering lock, just for peace of mind. I use one on our ID3 if I am going to leave it anywhere a bit dodgy. But I suppose that could be anywhere these days.
Enjoy your new car.