Climate control menu intermittently not available

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Janthony

Post by Janthony »

Occasionally in the mornings the Climate control menu accessed via Clima button is not working and while there is an audible noise when the button is pressed the Climate control menu does not appear and the Home Screen remains visible. Tried repeated presses, switching off screen using power button and restarting ignition on car both with button on steering wheel and exiting the vehicle. However issue usually resolves itself after a period of time and will be fine on next journey. Very intermittent in nature. Has anyone else experience this and anyone managed to resolve the issue without just leaving to next trip. I have update 3.0 installed.
Last edited by Janthony on Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volkswagen ID3 | Family Pro Performance |150kW 58kWh | Glacier White | East Derry Alloys | Software Update 3.0 | Purchased July 2022 | Zappi Home Charger

grahams

Post by grahams »

yes I have the same issues, I can wait long enough for the car to boot up before setting off but unfortunately the wife can't, so it's a problem
JohnBEV1

Post by JohnBEV1 »

I also have this problem It has happened twice in six weeks of use. Yesterday drove 68 miles with no climate control available even after one short stop still same. After returning to the car in evening Clima button was responding as expected! Okay all the way home. Also noticed that the road speed limits and other road signs were not being displayed on the drivers console when the Clima button is not responding and there were no temperature values displayed when touching the temperature control sliders on the Infotainment display. I have version 3.0 running.
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Also on 3.0. Happened once in last six months. Parking function (including rear camera) also stopped working. Fixed with an entertainment system soft reset by pressing and holding the left bottom media on/off button
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
stevenbraiden35

Post by stevenbraiden35 »

I am now having this issue after only 3 weeks of owning the car. Anyone know is there a solution to this issue. No aircon menu, no speed signs on dash and no parking sensors.
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Have had same issues, not just climate. Seems random. If this was happening on a Pc I would put it down to, needs more powerful CPU and or more RAM. Plus software needs to be optimised more.
A lot more.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943
G EV

Post by G EV »

The other week I set my car to cool via the app. Once inside the car the climate button did not work. My journey was only about 10 mins. Once pulled over, I stopped the precondition function in the app. The climate then worked as expected. Note: I hadn’t switched off the car or exited the car, just dropped a passenger off and stopped the climate in the app.
Not sure if preconditioning is common to below but thought I would share my experience. Before my upgrade to 3.2, I am 99% certain I could start the precondition via the app and then override in the car once I had started a journey.
Capn Pugwash

Post by Capn Pugwash »

I also had this today. It is annoying as the steering wheel is always heated but I like it off. Can anybody advise a fix so default wheel heating is off... and Clima button works
A
ID3
Dedicated Honda Driver :geek: