Vehicle data - efficiency

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

There is a screen showing the efficiency which has headings:

Since start
Long Term
Since Charge

My question is what does “since start” mean? I have noticed today that having done 5 or 6 short journeys (going from shop to shop to find an item), where the car was switched off and locked on each occasion, that the “since start” mi/kWh reading, along with the mileage, is accumulative. Does this mean that the “since start” figures are a daily amount?
TIA

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:47 am There is a screen showing the efficiency which has headings:

Since start
Long Term
Since Charge

My question is what does “since start” mean? I have noticed today that having done 5 or 6 short journeys (going from shop to shop to find an item), where the car was switched off and locked on each occasion, that the “since start” mi/kWh reading, along with the mileage, is accumulative. Does this mean that the “since start” figures are a daily amount?
TIA
In my experience it's the time, not the day. If I drive to a place and spend 3 hours there, then the 'since start' values are updated as if this is the first drive of the day.
On the other hand if, as you did, simply stop for a short period, then the values are accumulated.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It resets when the car is off for more than a certain period of time. I think it's in the region of a couple of hours but could be a bit less..
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:50 pm It resets when the car is off for more than a certain period of time. I think it's in the region of a couple of hours but could be a bit less..
Ok. Seems a bit weird though. I wonder what their logic is about the period of time?
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:10 pm
sidehaas wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:50 pm It resets when the car is off for more than a certain period of time. I think it's in the region of a couple of hours but could be a bit less..
Ok. Seems a bit weird though. I wonder what their logic is about the period of time?
Lunch?
vanb

Post by vanb »

It’s not just the ID.3 that does this. I’ve had several Audi cars in the past 12 years-A5’s, A7’s and an A8. They all did this. The distance accumulated for journeys with short stops but was back to zero if a couple of hours had elapsed. Just didn’t want people to think it was just the ID.3-wanted to say something positive for it!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Its 2 hours. Been that on all VAG cars for years... Was similar on a volvo I had but a shorter delay I think...

You can reset it yourself... But why have anything other than 2 hours ? :)