How do I delete my data when selling my ID3?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Anyone know the procedure for deleting all my data, we connect, satnav, etc. when selling my ID3 please?

Had a search through the forums, on -line, and the printed handbook without finding any instructions.

Anyone done this before and remember the instructions?

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Hypercube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:47 am Anyone know the procedure for deleting all my data, we connect, satnav, etc. when selling my ID3 please?

Had a search through the forums, on -line, and the printed handbook without finding any instructions.

Anyone done this before and remember the instructions?
Just done the same. All I did was to delete all the destinations that were in the sat nav, deleted my phone from the car and then removed myself as the primary user.
All done in the car. My iPhone app then seemed to reflect what I had done in the car.
Then I went to the VW website and logged in (I assume you have an account), and removed the car from my account. I was getting another ID3, so didn’t delete that account, as you just add the new car to it when you get it.
Hope that helps (if I have done it right, that is?)
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Thanks for the tips Scratch .

I found that there is an option to ‘restore factory settings’ under the ‘settings’ option (icon). Maybe this is only in the later versions of software.

Anyway, selecting factory reset deletes all data, logs out and deletes the user (I only had a primary user), and logs out from we connect. This also deletes the vehicle from one’s account and is reflected in the phone app.

For the new owner, the car then displays a screen to create an account or log in with an existing account.

All much simpler than I expected.