Intermittently unable to turn off clima control

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
mediumbird

Post by mediumbird »

Anyone else had this? The car had its software upgrade at the end of April and then it was recalled for some other update on the AC system that took 30 mins. Since then intermittently I can’t switch off the clima control. The on/off button goes black, but the AC keeps running with the fan and frost symbol still blue. It seems to occur when I’m plugged into my home charging point. I often turn it off to help with range if the weather’s ok. Will give the dealer a ring and see what they say, but thought I’d see if anyone else had this issue.

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Do you have anything set in the location?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Do you mean doing those things in the car or in the We Connect ID app?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

When I picked my new ID3 up from the dealers on Saturday, 10 miles into.my 235 journey I went to alter my climate control - the climate screen was all greyed out and all settings were unavailable.

At my charging stop 180 miles away, after switching the ignition off and back on with locking of the car and unlocking, it was back. I'm presuming it was built with 2.1 software rather than having been upgraded.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
mediumbird

Post by mediumbird »

scott28tt wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 pm Do you mean doing those things in the car or in the We Connect ID app?
Doing it in the car as the Weconnect app is as much use as a chocolate teapot. It just tells me what the charge level is and fails to synchronise for anything else, so have given up on it.
mediumbird

Post by mediumbird »

Anduain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 pm Do you have anything set in the location?
Sorry, not sure what you mean? The only locations I have on the system are navigational ones.
StevieP

Post by StevieP »

I want to just have fresh air directed from the outside into the car with no heating or cooling (as this reduces the range). On the help screen it talks about Smart Climate - this allows fresh air to enter the vehicle. How do I select Smart Climate?

IMG_9101.jpg

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

StevieP wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:02 pm I want to just have fresh air directed from the outside into the car with no heating or cooling (as this reduces the range). On the help screen it talks about Smart Climate - this allows fresh air to enter the vehicle. How do I select Smart Climate?

Press Clima from the row of physical icons on the strip below the screen, Smart Climate is a tab but ONLY if your car has dual-zone - if it doesn’t you’ll only see Classic Climate, and you won’t be able to voice control it either.
ColinID3

Post by ColinID3 »

I want to just have fresh air directed from the outside into the car with no heating or cooling (as this reduces the range). On the help screen it talks about Smart Climate - this allows fresh air to enter the vehicle. How do I select Smart Climate?
]
I'm without dual zone also so have struggled with this. The only way I have found to get 'fresh air' is as follows:-
  • set the temperature to "LO"
    set recirc. icon to fresh
    make sure the A/C symbol is off.
    Then use fan speed to control air flow.
Whilst we can't access conventional 'Ram air', this solution uses very little power- no active heat or cooling - so optimises range
Life Pro performance, Makena, 19" Andoya, Heat-pump, Nov'20 build, 23/12/20 delivery. Now with 2.1