Humming noise above 60 mph

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
bjgilhooly

Post by bjgilhooly »

I can hear a humming noise when driving my Max at 60mph+. I first noticed this after getting a new tyre fitted at the garage I bought the car, following a puncture (11 days after taking delivery!). The garage changed the wheel bearing after I reported the noise, but this has not affected the humming noise. Has anyone noticed the same noise? Is it just wind noise that I need to get used to? If so, it's not great.

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I don't notice a humming noise. The only way to know what it is is to drive another ID3 to see if it makes the same noise.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No noise in particular from mine...
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

None here.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
mig007

Post by mig007 »

What was the solution? We have the same issue, rattling noise coming from the right rear wheel. Dealership suggested changing the ball bearing - 800€ per side + service costs - but not even them are certain that is the solution.
Please share info if you have.
Thanks!
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I have noticed a quite faint but noticeable humming noise in my facelift ID.3 which I don't think was there when I got in November. I mostly notice at lower speeds where there is less road noise and it seems to me it is coming from behind me on the passenger side so the rear passenger side wheel is possibly the source. I haven't taken it to dealer yet and am monitoring to see if it gets worse. I do wonder if maybe a pot hole (of which there are many) has maybe put something off with the wheel.