Listening to music

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Wig

Post by Wig »

I listen to music from a USB stick. Each time I return to the car with my phone in my pocket it starts to play music at random from the phone and loses all record of what it was playing from the inserted media. To re-find what was being listened to takes a laborious scroll through the menus which is pretty dangerous while driving. This together with the previously posted determination of the car to restore Lane Assist means that you would need to spend a couple of minutes scrolling, finding and resetting before driving off. I am hoping this is operator error rather than a design fault.

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I listen to stuff on a USB stick too, but when I return to the car the same file on this stick resumes. Maybe it's something about the way you have your phone connected to the car?
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Wig

Post by Wig »

How do you connect? I use Bluetooth. The original music or radio plays for a few seconds and it then turns on music from my phone. If I go back to the USB stick the place has been lost.
They offer CarPlay but, without being a conspiracy theorist, I am reluctant to enable Siri and get bombarded with ads based on what I may have been talking about.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

My phone connects to the car using Bluetooth, I have a USB stick connected to one of the USB-C sockets in the central storage area via a USB-A to USB-C adapter.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

This is a wonderful device:

lm7693

Post by lm7693 »

Try Settings -> Mobile Devices

There are three icons beside your connected mobile phone, one for carplay, one for bluetooth audio and one for the handsfree. Make sure only the handsfree one is highlighted.

screen.jpg

The car should now only play music from the USB.
ID. 3 1st Edition v3.2 Sept 2020
ID. 4 1st Edition v3.2 April 2021
VW ID. Charger Pro
Zookster

Post by Zookster »

Feeling a right noob but I cannot find a way to start a new topic!

Any help appreciated šŸ˜³
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Tap or click on the forum title ā€œFaults and technicalā€ then thereā€™s a button for new topic.
Zookster

Post by Zookster »

Thank you!