Speed limiter

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Zookster

Post by Zookster »

We have a new ID3 Life.

The ACC works fine (and even has rudimentary self drive for left hand bends which I was not expecting).

It looks like the ‘mode’ switch on lhs of steering wheel should switch between ACC and speed limiter but it just gives a haptic thump and has no effect.

I'm a big fan of speed limiter as you can set it to something sensible and not worry about drifting into licence losing territory....

I'm beginning to suspect the feature isn't enabled in the Life but it seems mad to include high tech ACC but not low tech limiter....

Any help?

JonS

Post by JonS »

According to the brochure, the Life trim includes the speed limiter - I hope it does as I’ve recently moved to an area with a ridiculous number of speed cameras and use the limiter more than I ever used to... and I’ve a Life on order!
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

I haven't tried the speed limiter so this may not be a helpful suggestion. Do you have all the speed detection features enabled in the Assist settings?

I was just thinking a lot of people have disabled various speed detection features in the Assist settings, due to mph/kph issues and navigation database errors. I guess if the speed detection is disabled then speed limiting won't work.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
ColinID3

Post by ColinID3 »

It looks like the ‘mode’ switch on lhs of steering wheel should switch between ACC and speed limiter but it just gives a haptic thump and has no effect.
I struggled with this for a long time. The dealer eventually showed me that it is a swipe button, not a 'push-push'.
So touch the mode button, see the mode indicator now illuminated at the top of the steering wheel screen, swipe button left or right to select the mode you want, touch the button again to select.
Hope this works.
Life Pro performance, Makena, 19" Andoya, Heat-pump, Nov'20 build, 23/12/20 delivery. Now with 2.1
Zookster

Post by Zookster »

ColinID3 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:06 am
I struggled with this for a long time. The dealer eventually showed me that it is a swipe button, not a 'push-push'.
So touch the mode button, see the mode indicator now illuminated at the top of the steering wheel screen, swipe button left or right to select the mode you want, touch the button again to select.
Hope this works.
Thank you! This worked!

That's so unintuitive!
Jannca

Post by Jannca »

I just can’t work out how to switch off the speed limiter predictive function. I want to use the speed limiter I just don’t want it to speed the car up when it sees a road sign with a higher speed than I’m travelling at.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Jannca wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:47 pm I just can’t work out how to switch off the speed limiter predictive function. I want to use the speed limiter I just don’t want it to speed the car up when it sees a road sign with a higher speed than I’m travelling at.

I think it’s an option in the Assist settings.