Auto Locking

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Just collected my ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels East Derry, setting it all up and I am stumped on does the family have auto locking, ie just get out of the car and walk away and it locks? after reading tons of posts I am convinced it does, but can't find the settings, I have enabled auto opening which works as intended. No issues with software came with 2.1 installed from the factory (week eight build)

ID.3 HONDA E.png

ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I can’t find this option either and I swear it used to do it.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Not sure about the Family Edition, my 1st Edition certainly doesn't have this feature. I can lock the car just by touching the indent on the surface of the door handle, though, so long as I have the key in my pocket.

What I would like, and hope for, is a function to lock or unlock the car using the We Connect ID app on my phone. That would be cool.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I agree, we have that on our other car, as well as GPS location of the car, and it has been useful on multiple occasions. One time we got lost on holiday and walked straight back to the car.

If that was in the app, it’d be excellent.
digital

Post by digital »

No, the only time you will see auto-locking is if you unlock and don't open a door. It will lock again after around a minute.

To lock it you need to either tap the door handle indent or press the button on the key.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
BEN44R

Post by BEN44R »

Thanks everyone, hopefully via updates it may happen in the future.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, Wheels 18" East Derry