CHARGE FOR LOAN CAR

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

My car is at the dealers again tomorrow for the 5th time and they are now telling me I have to pay £20 for a loan car. Surely this can't be right. Has anyone else been charged?

Lester

Post by Lester »

yup. My local VW dealer charges £20.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine didn't charge (but different country)
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

Lester wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:58 pm yup. My local VW dealer charges £20.
I've told the dealer in no uncertain terms I won't be paying.
If there vehicle was fit for purpose in the first place owners wouldn't have to keep taking them back to have faults repaired.
The dealers have just contacted me and quote " its £20 a day".
Can't wait to sell the bloody car.
digital

Post by digital »

We had a loan car for seven weeks. Total cost... £0
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's definitely not courteous being charged for a courtesy car. I'd never known it happen until I booked a Golf into my local Lookers branch 3 years ago and I was asked to pay £12 admin fee plus £8 excess waiver.per day. I cancelled my warranty work immediately and went to the rival VW dealership 12 miles from me. You'll get an UP or a very low output Polo, but you will get a free courtesy car. Never been back to Lookers.

This practice is becoming more commonplace.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:32 pm It's definitely not courteous being charged for a courtesy car. I'd never known it happen until I booked a Golf into my local Lookers branch 3 years ago and I was asked to pay £12 admin fee plus £8 excess waiver.per day. I cancelled my warranty work immediately and went to the rival VW dealership 12 miles from me. You'll get an UP or a very low output Polo, but you will get a free courtesy car. Never been back to Lookers.

This practice is becoming more commonplace.
I would love to be able to choose an alternative dealer but the next nearest to me is 40+ mls away.