Is Maintenance on a lease good value?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
JanH

Post by JanH »

I have been quoted £771 for the life of the 3 year lease am trying to work out if it is good value. We are only doing 5,000 miles a year and over 3 years I wouldn't expect that the tyres would need replacing. However the maintenance includes tyres for wear and tear and puncture. Also how often does the ID3 need servicing? I have read that it only needs an inspection after 2 years, then annually, so I would only need two services over the 3 years. I thought servicing costs would be low, so I am thinking that £771 is not worth it? Advise anyone, thank you. ;)

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

As no one else has responded, my opinion fwiw is, that sounds like a lot of money for potentially not a lot! Buy £700 in premium bonds and you can cash them in if you need em.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

I would say that it really depends on the vehicle. Sometimes on an ICE vehicle with 10k or annual services it can be a good deal, but on an ID3 with ts limited servicing needs I would not bother. Also, your tyres will last the three years at only 5000 per annum.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

771£ sounds like a lot to me.
If you are concerned check with a tyre dealer and with VW to see how much it would cost.
They may be giving you some added extras so check the policy
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

I was quoted for a service plan which covered two services. The second of these would be in year four given the ID.3 schedule. If you're leasing, it makes sense to renew after three years. The plan would be attached to the vehicle so I would probably not have used the second service.

Personally, I just set money aside every month to cover these costs.
JanH

Post by JanH »

Thank you so much everyone, that is what I thought, so we are not going with the maintenance.
mez

Post by mez »

I did not choose the maintenance either. I felt there's a lot less to go wrong (famous last words).
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

What on earth do they do on the servicing?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:47 am What on earth do they do on the servicing?

Erm... Brake fluid, heating/AC, checks?

I'll ask them in 15 months time when mine is due.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just before signing the handover docs when picking up my ID3 - the salesman tried to sell me a 3 year service package for £500.

I told him its first services wasn't for two years (no mileage limit) so didnt see much point - "ah I didnt know that was his reply"........
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

MotMot wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:22 pm Just before signing the handover docs when picking up my ID3 - the salesman tried to sell me a 3 year service package for £500.

I told him its first services wasn't for two years (no mileage limit) so didnt see much point - "ah I didnt know that was his reply"........

Always know what you're selling, otherwise you're not a salesperson.