Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

camsoft2000 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:05 pm Oh wow so when my dealer said my order was placed he was just saying placed with the dealership and VW hasn’t even accepted it?!

That’s a bit rubbish. So if they aren’t even accepting orders why are dealers will accepting them?
Don’t panic pal, all he’s saying is it’s taking the factory a little longer to confirm the order due to everything going on, I’d just chill out and wait, I ordered 4th August, and mines not even scheduled for build until week 10 2022, yet some people have ordered mid sept and cars are being built Dec, pure lottery at the moment, it was stressing me out, just switched off now, no point. It’ll come when it comes
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

There will be quite a few orders in the system where the original customer has cancelled for some reason.
These orders are picked up by later orders hence you'll see people that have ordered after you getting what you think are quicker builds but its just the dealers leaving the orders in place knowing they will be snapped up by future customers.
Unfortunately the wait is getting longer as time goes by.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Tom_1985 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:14 pm
camsoft2000 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:05 pm Oh wow so when my dealer said my order was placed he was just saying placed with the dealership and VW hasn’t even accepted it?!

That’s a bit rubbish. So if they aren’t even accepting orders why are dealers will accepting them?
Don’t panic pal, all he’s saying is it’s taking the factory a little longer to confirm the order due to everything going on, I’d just chill out and wait, I ordered 4th August, and mines not even scheduled for build until week 10 2022, yet some people have ordered mid sept and cars are being built Dec, pure lottery at the moment, it was stressing me out, just switched off now, no point. It’ll come when it comes
You’re right of course. Just want something concrete but yeah I really need to forget about this car for a while which is easier said than done.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

hi all

bit of info from my dealer tonight whether it’s true is a debate but we will see she contacted her contact at VW UK for an update currently they are not releasing cars for delivery to dealers from factory till avg’ 9 weeks after build week so my car that i was expecting last week will now be mid Dec’ if we are lucky

disappointed but not unexpected
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Will the order tracker ever come back online
Surely we all understand the current situation with chip shortage affecting.producrion

Is it only roved for the UK

Looks.underhand removing the tracker full stop
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

billybobb2019 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:29 pm hi all

bit of info from my dealer tonight whether it’s true is a debate but we will see she contacted her contact at VW UK for an update currently they are not releasing cars for delivery to dealers from factory till avg’ 9 weeks after build week so my car that i was expecting last week will now be mid Dec’ if we are lucky

If accurate we are very unlikely to see our Tour until next year, probably late Jan. Ugh.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:22 am
billybobb2019 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:29 pm hi all

If accurate we are very unlikely to see our Tour until next year, probably late Jan. Ugh.
Mine is also BW40, and even back when I ordered I was told mid-Dec, which is 10 weeks after BW40, so it depends what side of the average you're on.
Although a Tour will need more parts than a Life
John_C

Post by John_C »

Finally, some good news, my car has arrived five weeks earlier than expected. It has taken less than three weeks from end of production to get to the dealer. The car must have hit all the transportation connection at the right time. Lucky, or is this a sign of things to come.
Some statistics for those who are trying to analyse the VW order process.

My car: ID.3 Life PP Maganese Grey Derry wheels
06 Jun: ordered car – delivery expected end of Nov 21 (approx 21 weeks)
20 Jun: got order number 3124xxxx. Checked tracking site (still up) ‘build week confirmed’.
27 Sep: Asked VW UK for progress – ‘in production’ was all I got.
04 Oct: Dealer phoned to say production complete – awaiting transportation.
16 Oct: Dealer phoned – car arrived in UK. Doesn’t know where.
22 Oct: Car arrived at dealer - sent a short video of car still in transit covers.

Picking it up late afternoon today. It will be dusk by the time we leave and it will give me chance to see how good the lights are – the roads in Somerset are really narrow and very bendy.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sausageroll wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 am it depends what side of the average you're on.

In my experience I'm always on the wrong side of the average 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

John_C wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:16 am Picking it up late afternoon today. It will be dusk by the time we leave and it will give me chance to see how good the lights are – the roads in Somerset are really narrow and very bendy.

Fantastic ! Let us know how you get on with it 🙂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

camsoft2000 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 pm This is my order form and is all I have apart from T&Cs. The order no is thereD7DA3B6A-501E-4FA3-9ECC-AE2430575AB6.jpeg
Conversely I’ve not seen anything that looks like that, just have the order number beginning with a 3!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Sprout

Post by Sprout »

Seems there's some talk of a November small facelift - larger screen & illuminated heater.

https://evglobe.com/2021/10/19/vw-id3-u ... -facelift/

I might ask the dealer to delay now ;-) ,no idea what build week the facelift will start from but my estimated build week is 47 (last week of November).
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Sprout wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 pm Seems there's some talk of a November small facelift - larger screen & illuminated heater.

I might ask the dealer to delay now ;-) ,no idea what build week the facelift will start from but my estimated build week is 47 (last week of November).
It's probably a ruse to pacify the owners with delayed orders :D

"DELAY ME MOARR"

Otherwise, it risks people who are delayed, but not quite enough, to be annoyed that their delayed order is obsolete before it's even been PDI'd
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

This is precisely what would happen to us 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Yep, I was thinking the same.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

If that was to happen I would be raging.
VPatz232

Post by VPatz232 »

sausageroll wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:17 pm
Sprout wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 pm Seems there's some talk of a November small facelift - larger screen & illuminated heater.

It's probably a ruse to pacify the owners with delayed orders :D

"DELAY ME MOARR"

Otherwise, it risks people who are delayed, but not quite enough, to be annoyed that their delayed order is obsolete before it's even been PDI'd
Tempted to agree. Limited articles online about this - plus they’re dated September 2021. Equally I’d graciously welcome the updates if they were made!

Right now just keen to get behind the wheel of an ID car again - thankfully have booked an experience through the EV centre in Milton Keynes next month to get my fix 😅
VW ID.3 Max, Moonstone Grey, East Derry alloys
Order number: 3146#### [CANCELLED]
VW ID.4 Life Pure, Scale Silver [since March 2022]
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

It’s not exactly unusual though, MY updates have to happen at some point. I’ve been the beneficiary on a few occasions with Golfs that I’ve ordered.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:14 pm It’s not exactly unusual though, MY updates have to happen at some point. I’ve been the beneficiary on a few occasions with Golfs that I’ve ordered.
True, but they usually do MCA updates to 'revive' an ageing model (usually halfway through the planned lifecycle, often 4 years in out of 8, for example). Reasons normally being to 'invite' more sales.

Seems like, right now, they are getting plenty of demand - so I doubt they'd be keen to do it just yet
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Think it’s more to do with the fact of the controls not being illuminated, and the amount of heat they’ve had over it, so probably taken the opportunity to refresh the screen now, what’s the point of producing another 25’000 with the same problem 🤷🏻‍♂️
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff