Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Alanpyle wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:17 pm Ordered 5th September
Dealer told us was due to be built last Tuesday but has been pulled due to parts,anybody got an idea how much longer
Based on the earlier timescales, build is approx 2 months on average, and there's a shutdown in December, so I would have thought you'd be looking at March minimum for build complete.

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Utumno, can you my deets to the spreadsheet please,

Ordered 04/08/21
Order number - 31421***
Life Pro Performance 58KW
Makena Turquoise
Currently being quoted build week - 14/22

Options :- assistance pack Pro, Andoyas, Matrix LED’s
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Col21

Post by Col21 »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:18 pm
Col21 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:31 pm I guess until the new year I may as well ignore all thoughts about this car and just expect April/May/June time.
This is pretty much my approach. There will of course come a time when I do need a firmer idea of when it's going to come, but in the meantime I'm happy to park it, look forward to it, but not create unnecessary frustration by chasing it endlessly and getting nowhere. I do however feel for the those of us who are balancing existing commitments and really do need to know when their car is coming. It's not good enough that VW cannot even give meaningful estimates at the moment. It almost feels either very arrogant, or they really are truly in the shit.
I'm not really in a massive rush for mine but ideally I would like to start saving cash on my huge bloody diesel 2.0ltr t5 transporter!! That is absolutely costing the earth right now but luckily I don't need to get rid of it.
Its was our family vehicle with having 4 kids but now the eldest doesn't want to be hanging around with us anymore it seemed the right thing to do.
Ordered Family Pro Performance - 5/11/2021
Moonstone Grey with East Derry Alloys
Order number 31370***
Estimated arrival - April 2022 (from dealer) now moved to June!
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

I've stopped harrasing VW and the dealership. Can't see any point in worrying about it until after Xmas as it seems pretty clear everything has ground to a halt.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I have my second ID3 on order.
Details as sig.
I dont want to think the worse of my dealership but it took 9 weeks to get the 8 digit order number and when I did after a bit of chasing it doesn't compare that favourably with people who ordered after my date of Sept 9th. The best estimate from the dealer is June 22.
What motive would they have to delay the order approval with VW? The cynic in me wonders if you do them a favour by cancelling. They have a car on order that they can sell easily at a higher profit than a squeezed deal. My cynicism arises from the negative way that the dealer has dealt with me.
More slippery than a bar of soap on a bath.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
murfmac

Post by murfmac »

Hi, Just been told my car is now built and is at Emden.

Company car ordered through the worst dealership I've ever dealt with! Zero communication unless I email them first, which is unfortunate for them as we have ordered another 126 EV's for staff cars from other dealers due to their inability to use email or the phone LOL!

Utumno...feel free to add mine to the tracker.

Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 20 up to 23rd November
Status 30 - November 24th

Looking like itll be around Xmas / Start of Jan - Hoping Santa is on Time !
Last edited by murfmac on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39
Status 38 - 6th December
Status 40 - 19th December
Picked Up 12th January
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

murfmac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 pm Hi, Just been told my car is now built and is at Emden.

Company car ordered through the worst dealership I've ever dealt with! Zero communication unless I email them first, which is unfortunate for them as we have ordered another 126 EV's for staff cars from other dealers due to their inability to use email or the phone LOL!

Utumno...feel free to add mine to the tracker.

Ordered 28/07/2021
Order number - 31417***
Tour Pro S 77kW
Moonstone
Build week 39

Looking like itll be around Xmas / Start of Jan - Hoping Santa is on Time !
Congrats! Hope you get it before Xmas.

Anyone know how long it takes to go from the factory to Emden and onwards?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
smuj

Post by smuj »

Just received email from my dealer. Car in UK and should take 7-10 days to reach them. So should definitely have it by Christmas, he says hopefully.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Great news @murfmac & @smuj

I've also just had a email from my dealer. Mine is now at Emden and has been released for shipping and awaiting a ship. Looks like things are starting to move for the Summer orders
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Newfie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 pm Great news @murfmac & @smuj

I've also just had a email from my dealer. Mine is now at Emden and has been released for shipping and awaiting a ship. Looks like things are starting to move for the Summer orders
You never know, maybe Utumno might get some news on his car, but lets not hold our breath :roll:
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Splash-Man wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:05 pm

You never know, maybe Utumno might get some news on his car, but lets not hold our breath :roll:
I'm sure his cannot be too far behind.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Really great to see news of cars moving along, hopefully chip shortages are starting to ever so slightly ease at the factories! Hoping you all get yours soon!
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Up the jumper wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm Just received this from VW.

Our experts are hard at work on your new car
Your car is still in production and may take a little longer there than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be assured we’re working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your Retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening.

If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your Volkswagen Retailer who will work with you to find the best solution.

Frankly this garbage is worse than useless. Saying there MAY be a delay is pointless: either there is or isn't a delay. And then shifting responsibility to the retailer is cowardly, especially when VW tell THEM nothing. The last paragraph is ridiculous. A great example of piss poor customer management.
Good old VW are obviously proud of this email - so proud they sent me another copy today. What did I say about piss poor yesterday?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Rhodes13

Post by Rhodes13 »

Just adding my details

Car ordered 17/07/21
Order number: 31383**
Tour Pro S 77 kwh
Moonstone with heat pump
Build week Confirmed week 40
Status 20 till today.

Email from dealer today saying build will now only be 20/12/21
Dealer is in Basingstoke

So might be "lucky" and get the car in February given the Christmas shutdown

Bugger all comms from dealer, we've had to chase them for any information. This is the second time VW have done this to us, first time was a Tiguan back in 2018 when they couldn't even give us an ETA for the car. Really poor form, from the dealership and VW
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Rhodes13 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 pm Just adding my details

Car ordered 17/07/21
Tour Pro S 77 kwh
Moonstone with heat pump
Status 20 till today.

Dealer is in Basingstoke

Bugger all comms from dealer, we've had to chase them for any information. This is the second time VW have done this to us, first time was a Tiguan back in 2018 when they couldn't even give us an ETA for the car. Really poor form, from the dealership and VW
Wow, does that mean the build won't start in the factory until the 20th? Mine is build week 40 (4 Oct) as well and the build started on time (at least that's what the broker says) but still stuck at the factory.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm
Splash-Man wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm sure his cannot be too far behind.

I'm getting only tumbleweed back from my dealer ... you would certainly hope mine isn't too far behind! I personally suspect the build has not even begun yet regardless of the confirmed build date.
Last edited by Utumno on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Car ordered 17/07/21
Tour Pro S 77 kwh
Moonstone with heat pump
Status 20 till today.

Dealer is in Basingstoke

Thanks (details added!) - and I suspect this is where my vehicle build is too. I was also previously confirmed week40 build, and since then crickets. I would not be surprised that my build hasn't started at all and instead might start in week 51, probably as a MY22.5.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Up the jumper wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm
Up the jumper wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm Just received this from VW.

Our experts are hard at work on your new car
Your car is still in production and may take a little longer there than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be assured we’re working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible and your Retailer will keep you up to date with what’s happening.

If you are experiencing difficulties due to the delay, please don’t hesitate to contact your Volkswagen Retailer who will work with you to find the best solution.

Frankly this garbage is worse than useless. Saying there MAY be a delay is pointless: either there is or isn't a delay. And then shifting responsibility to the retailer is cowardly, especially when VW tell THEM nothing. The last paragraph is ridiculous. A great example of piss poor customer management.
Good old VW are obviously proud of this email - so proud they sent me another copy today. What did I say about piss poor yesterday?
Completely normal.

As per my screenshot here (viewtopic.php?p=15266#p15266), you tend to get at least 2 or three consecutive ones each time. I'm not sure why, but that's just how it is.

Not sure that it's better to have none at all though
Rhodes13

Post by Rhodes13 »

rikimaru wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Car ordered 17/07/21
Tour Pro S 77 kwh
Moonstone with heat pump
Status 20 till today.

Dealer is in Basingstoke

Wow, does that mean the build won't start in the factory until the 20th? Mine is build week 40 (4 Oct) as well and the build started on time (at least that's what the broker says) but still stuck at the factory.
Who knows. The dealer isn't being very forthcoming with information. From the screenshot I've seen (it looks different to the ones I've seen before) the new build is scheduled to only begin on the 20/12. The dealer is still adamant that it will be a MY22 despite VW saying any cars built on or after BW51 will be a MY22.5.

Totally unimpressed with the flow of information. I'm very strongly considering cancelling the order and walking away as I've lost all my patience with them.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Rhodes13 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 pm Totally unimpressed with the flow of information. I'm very strongly considering cancelling the order and walking away as I've lost all my patience with them.
I'd just consider whether or not it would be any different with another brand at the moment. A friend ordered an Ioniq 5 soon after the order book opened. The dealer couldn't even promise he would get one, all they knew is that a certain number of cars were coming into the country and they'd be allocated to customers in what appeared to be a totally random way. A good few months passed with the dealer unable to confirm if he'd actually get a car, then he got a phone call saying the dealer had one, it's such-and-such a colour, and did he want it. I'm not convinced many other manufacturers are doing communication much better at the moment, just need to be patient.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten