Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

These were the codes back when we had our Tiguan built:

Checkpoint 1 is start of production
Checkpoint 3 is the body shop
Checkpoint 4 is the paint shop
Checkpoint 5 is the start of final assembly.
Checkpoint 7 is final assembly complete.
Checkpoint 8 is final inspection

No idea if they’re the same now as then, but it’s plausible enough.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Tyr-85

Post by Tyr-85 »

So I had a friend do a little bit of digging at VW. Apparently all Tours are sitting waiting for parts and unofficially the March delivery date i was told should be pushed back to June.

I will try and get a bit more info but my understanding is it didn't matter my order number, the fact it was a Tour told them all the info they needed.
ID3 Tour Pro S Stonewashed Blue
Bridle vehicle leasing Lease company
Order number 31401XXX
woodstock

Post by woodstock »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:18 pm These were the codes back when we had our Tiguan built:

Checkpoint 1 is start of production
Checkpoint 3 is the body shop
Checkpoint 4 is the paint shop
Checkpoint 5 is the start of final assembly.
Checkpoint 7 is final assembly complete.
Checkpoint 8 is final inspection

No idea if they’re the same now as then, but it’s plausible enough.
That is great info..thank you so much
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I suspect that if we see Russia being disconnected from SWIFT, we'll see significant delays to all our orders. But in the same vein as what Utumno said, our concerns about getting a brand new car is nothing compared to the suffering and tragedy happening in Ukraine right now.

Bring on disconnecting Russia from SWIFT, even if it doesn't end the war sooner, the fact that maybe it might end it soon makes it worth trying.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Tyr-85 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:29 pm So I had a friend do a little bit of digging at VW. Apparently all Tours are sitting waiting for parts and unofficially the March delivery date i was told should be pushed back to June.

I will try and get a bit more info but my understanding is it didn't matter my order number, the fact it was a Tour told them all the info they needed.
Did your friend say anything about the max trim or was it just tours?
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Stiggy

Post by Stiggy »

If we do anything to hurt Russian aggression im up for it even if it impacts delivery times I can live with that. In fact I’d give up anything to help those poor souls.
Order date: 20th January 2022
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump, Infotainment Pack, Sport Plus Pack, Bicycle Prep
Order number: 3203****
Estimated delivery: Late November 2022
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

Stiggy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:05 pm If we do anything to hurt Russian aggression im up for it even if it impacts delivery times I can live with that. In fact I’d give up anything to help those poor souls.
+1
peter_367

Post by peter_367 »

woodstock wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:03 am @Mrchrispullen @GDC @Morrishey @MikeS
Have any of you still from BW49 2021 had any further info please or are you still on code 20?
(Not on tracker, but happy to be)
Ordered 27.07, BW 49 (scheduled was 49). Start of Jan had update saying car was built but waiting for elusive chip. Had call 21.02 saying was in transit and expected delivery end of March latest.
Family Pro Performance
GDC

Post by GDC »

woodstock wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:03 am @Mrchrispullen @GDC @Morrishey @MikeS
Have any of you still from BW49 2021 had any further info please or are you still on code 20?
No update currently. I think my broker (lease?!) is getting p***ed off with me chasing, but I’m of the thinking, it’s their job to answer customers questions. However recently most emails have returned with “no update, the second update comes through we will contact you. No need to keep asking” or words to that effect.
I’ve rolled back to just one prompting email a month so next one will be sent on Tuesday. See where that gets us.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Tyr-85 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:29 pm So I had a friend do a little bit of digging at VW. Apparently all Tours are sitting waiting for parts and unofficially the March delivery date i was told should be pushed back to June.

Likely means they wont even entertain mine with a build date until they have cleared those already sat. Ho Hum, may have a 23 plate :)
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
tdbegley28

Post by tdbegley28 »

cornbutter wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:28 pm I suspect that if we see Russia being disconnected from SWIFT, we'll see significant delays to all our orders. But in the same vein as what Utumno said, our concerns about getting a brand new car is nothing compared to the suffering and tragedy happening in Ukraine right now.

Bring on disconnecting Russia from SWIFT, even if it doesn't end the war sooner, the fact that maybe it might end it soon makes it worth trying.
True but also Taiwan have sanctioned goods including semi conductors to Russia which could mean more sent into Europe. Anyway, quite frankly I don’t care anymore, a car is the least of my worries, my delay is nothing compared to what Ukraine is going through. The car will be ready when it’s ready is my view these days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ions-tsmc/
woodstock

Post by woodstock »

peter_367 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:59 am
(Not on tracker, but happy to be)
Ordered 27.07, BW 49 (scheduled was 49). Start of Jan had update saying car was built but waiting for elusive chip. Had call 21.02 saying was in transit and expected delivery end of March latest.
Family Pro Performance
Hi that is great news that another BW49 has escaped and is on its way
Do you mind lets us know which dealer you used...to see if there is any rational in orders being completed?
woodstock

Post by woodstock »

GDC wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:10 am
No update currently. I think my broker (lease?!) is getting p***ed off with me chasing, but I’m of the thinking, it’s their job to answer customers questions. However recently most emails have returned with “no update, the second update comes through we will contact you. No need to keep asking” or words to that effect.
I’ve rolled back to just one prompting email a month so next one will be sent on Tuesday. See where that gets us.
Since the turn of the year I have given my dealer a weekly Monday email.
So will report back this week, our cars must be near completion now
Mine had clearly just come out of the body shop and getting ready for assembly, so no idea if it will be a MY22 or MY22.5
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Mine had clearly just come out of the body shop and getting ready for assembly, so no idea if it will be a MY22 or MY22.5
[/quote]
I thought they were all 22.5 now? Is that the refreshed trim?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
pondsman

Post by pondsman »

My car had a provisional build week 49 2021.
ID.3 Life pro, stonewashed blue, East Derry alloys, Otherwise a standard model.
Order No. 31305xxx.
Ordered 28-08-2021.
When visited on 21-02-22, the dealer showed me a computer screenshot from VW which stated car was now Code 38 (built and released for shipment). However, dealer could not confirm it was actually built in week 49 and would not email me the screenshot (said it was confidential). He then said the car was in Emden, Germany, waiting for a ship to bring it to the UK and that he expected it to arrive at the dealership in mid-March.
No further information since then.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Not spoken to dealer for a week or so, so nothing to add I’m afraid. Off to have a holiday now, so hoping there may be news when we return next week.
Family Pro Performance. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys.
Ordered 16/9/21
Delivered 31/3/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

🗑
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
youkaydee

Post by youkaydee »

pondsman wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:24 pm My car had a provisional build week 49 2021.
ID.3 Life pro, stonewashed blue, East Derry alloys, Otherwise a standard model.
Order No. 31305xxx.
Ordered 28-08-2021.
When visited on 21-02-22, the dealer showed me a computer screenshot from VW which stated car was now Code 38 (built and released for shipment). However, dealer could not confirm it was actually built in week 49 and would not email me the screenshot (said it was confidential). He then said the car was in Emden, Germany, waiting for a ship to bring it to the UK and that he expected it to arrive at the dealership in mid-March.
No further information since then.
Very similar experience with my dealer too. We ordered on 11/08/21. Almost everyone told me that the 'confidential' thing is BS. Please PM me the dealer. Just want to exchange notes. I think they are just playing games with us. Forcing us to cancel the order. I am not going to quit. Let us see how far they go.
ID.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh 5dr Auto
Order Date 11/08/2021
MY 22 ! Should be 22.5 but the dealer says 22.
Current Build Week 202235
Status Code 10
Sprout

Post by Sprout »

woodstock wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:45 pm
GDC wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:10 am
Hopefully good news on the update woodstock. I do wonder whether all our cars will arrive to the dealer at the same time.

I've not asked for an update so no idea if things have moved along, mine had 'left the factory' so presume code 38 & that was 2 weeks ago. I spent an hour or so looking at ships!, but interesting that it was, I decided I had no idea how the logistics actually work from Factory to Dealer so gave up quite quickly. But I can see from the excellent spreadsheet, that on average it takes 2-3 weeks.

With everything that is happening in the Ukraine, it's hard to get excited about it at the moment. I'm a massive Liverpool fan and the final yesterday was all a bit meh :-(
Family Pro Perf \ Managanese \ East Derry \ DTD
Order Number received 12th Aug - 2021 (Week 32)
Confirmed Build week 49 - 2021 (6th Dec - 12th Dec)
Order Num - 31422xxx
Status 38- 16/02/22
Status 40- 09/04/22
Collecting - 25/03/22
Solwayboy

Post by Solwayboy »

Just received the following response from todays enquiry.

oday your order is showing a confirmed build week for its production at the factory of week 11, 14th-20th March, although they are still behind with production due to global issues with supply of semiconductor chips, ID.3 models are not being built within the week they are confirmed into, we are still waiting for some to be built that had confirmed build weeks later last year.

So, basically no further forward. Confirmed build week now means “not confirmed” We are entering the territory of “doublethink!” Maybe Putin has taken over VW?

Family Edition ordered late July ‘21 via DRivetheDeal