Dealer wants paying in advance..

The place to discuss everything else..
Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

MotMot wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:04 pm My post (a while back!) was also because I’d bought the car over the phone - from a dealers ad in Autotrader - and was a bit wary of transferring a few K bearing in mind I didn’t actually know if they existed etc!! Which they did - and all was fine - and still is fine.

(Apart from having the 2.4 update postponed 3 times - still waiting!)
Thanks MotMot and all, good feedback. Something I hadn't really considered except for anything second hand and also given you haven't been into the dealership before purchasing it makes sense now. A good bit of knowledge to bank for future purchases.

And MonkeyHanger, the issue with your Polo sounds a nightmare, I would have been livid to discover that.
ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro 204PS Moonstone Grey / East Derry alloys (Nov 22)
UK based

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:15 pm
My new Scirocco bought in 2011 had a big crack on the inside of the windscreen, top drivers side corner - not seen by PDI.

My 2013 Golf GTD had 1 set of transport pucks left on the front shocksfrom the PDI - wrecked the front top mount bearings after a week of driving.

One of our 2 2022 Cupra Borns had a big gap between the sill and the screwed on sill extensions - all things the PDI missed or ignored in the hope I wouldn't notice. When you're buying locally it's not too bad, but buying from a distance can be, VAG generally wash their hands of a physically apparent defect present from manufacture, if PDI didn't pick it up and report it, putting the onus back on the supplying dealer to rectify at their own cost. If that dealer is 250 miles from home, that's a PITA to resolve if the dealership won't fund a local resolution and make you come back to them.
I am going to check my id3 over now :D
ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro 204PS Moonstone Grey / East Derry alloys (Nov 22)
UK based
daern

Post by daern »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:15 pm My 2013 Golf GTD had 1 set of transport pucks left on the front shocksfrom the PDI - wrecked the front top mount bearings after a week of driving.
Unrelated of nothing, but back in the day I had an S2000, and I remember a fellow owner who had the same thing - Honda had left the transport wedges in place after delivery. It took a fair bit of back and forth, but in the end, Honda gave them a brand new, replacement car and took the old one away. Presumably, to get sent straight to auction...
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb