Plan Car Leasing (Deliveries)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Cool, thanks everyone, seems a bit of a minefield doesn’t it! And that’s before you get into all the different public chargers and accounts needed etc! Hoping I won’t need public charging much aside from longer family holiday trips. Anyone know how far in advance you need to typically have an account with some companies or can it be as simple as plugging in and using a debit card etc?
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162

MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Idk but 15 Tesla sites are apparently now open to the public in the uk and you just register via their app. Not cheap per kWh I suspect but reliable, plentiful and very fast.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

marknorton1 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:14 pm Cool, thanks everyone, seems a bit of a minefield doesn’t it! And that’s before you get into all the different public chargers and accounts needed etc! Hoping I won’t need public charging much aside from longer family holiday trips. Anyone know how far in advance you need to typically have an account with some companies or can it be as simple as plugging in and using a debit card etc?
Can usually get by with just a debit card, but if you're planning ahead your trip, worth seeing if the chargers you plan to stop at have an app, as sometimes you get a discount for using it. Creating an account usually takes a few min, and you can normally use that without any need for a physical card.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Think Im going to run with my home charger(Zappi untethered), chargeplace Scotland RFID card and then I'll sort out wecharge once I've got the car and weigh up the pros/cons of free Vs paid subscriptions at that point... Should see my bases well covered hopefully
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Octopus offer a free Electroverse card (was Electric Juice) which acts as an RFID card for a large number of different charging companies and sends the bill to your Octopus account. Works great, it’s how these things should be done.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

chrisfs wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:16 pm Octopus offer a free Electroverse card (was Electric Juice) which acts as an RFID card for a large number of different charging companies and sends the bill to your Octopus account. Works great, it’s how these things should be done.
That sounds very good, they need to simplify this charging structure as much as possible as not every consumer is willing to research and put effort into knowing these things and then when they come unstuck they blame the whole EV infrastructure, even I’m often confused and I consider myself relatively well informed in this space. As with all things reading about stuff and actually doing it can be very different and I’m sure once I have one on the drive everything will become somewhat more easy to grasp!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Re Octopus, As others have said you need either a compatible car or a compatible charger to get on intelligent octopus. The Id 3 is now supported if you have the latest firmware V3.x.
The ohme home pros are also supported and allow you to connect any ev car (because the ohme controls the charge sessions rather than the car).
It's worth reading octopus faq's but they may still have some old info saying IDs arent support yet so ignore that.

You need the set the charger/car up following octopus's instruction for it to work properly. There's some good advice on a couple of Facebook groups that discuss it.

And however it is connected you always get off peak hours from 23.30-05.30 for any other devices too not just the car.
(And than can include a second ev too ;) if you have more than one)
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
RSCut86

Post by RSCut86 »

MattBCL wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:12 pm Update on my build (Silver Tour Pro S). I went to the VW chat and just asked them for an update. They came back with the following:

VW: "I can confirm that you vehicle build is currently in week 9, and it is in production check point seven out of eight. I am sorry to inform you that the delivery date cannot be confirmed until your vehicle has completed the production."

Me: “what does checkpoint 7 of 8 mean though? Has production started?”

VW: “This means that they are currently doing the multiple checks on your vehicle, and I can confirm that production has started as I informed you they are currently at checkpoint seven out of eight, meaning one more check to be done and your vehicle would pass production.”

So looks like I'm nearly there...! I'll forgive his slightly sarcastic tone when re-stating production had started given it's at 7 of 8 (a 'checkpoint' to me sounded like a pre-requisite prior to production).
What do you give as a reference number on the website?
pmcg

Post by pmcg »

Received a call today to say our cars are built and awaiting shipping.
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

@RS I found an order ref back from when I had agreed the lease and just quoted that. It’s an 8 digit number starting 3140xxxx
Order ref 314011**
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

@pmcg that sounds very promising. Who was the call from - Plan or the dealer?
Order ref 314011**
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

I just contacted VW for an update via their online chat thing.. Given I was told last week it was Build Week 9 and at stage 7 of 8, the guy on the chat just now tells me it's not yet started and is scheduled for week 12! So about a month before it even gets near a ship... I really don't know who to believe now. @Pmcg - I'm interested to hear what your contact said..?
Order ref 314011**
pmcg

Post by pmcg »

MattBCL wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:27 pm @pmcg that sounds very promising. Who was the call from - Plan or the dealer?
Call from lady at Plan.
RSCut86

Post by RSCut86 »

I had the same call on Monday - built and waiting to ship.
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

If it's of any use to anyone awaiting their car arriving from recent build weeks and is wanting to take up boat stalking as a hobby... Apparently the cars are going to Grimsby. Mines is now sat at Emden awaiting a boat.
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Just spoke to VW again. Apparently my Tour was built (past tense!) in week 9 - contrary to an earlier chat I had with them - and is being "QA checked".

I'm pretty sure that quality is checked as part of the production cycle and when they roll off the line they're done. I mean: it's not as if they spot a paint blemish when everything's finished and then send it back for a respray right? Or find the batteries won't charge and send it back for a new battery pack. The QA checks are built-in along production.

All of which makes me wonder what it is they think they're checking? Or is "it's in QA check" VW-speak for "I've honestly no idea what stage of production your car is in Sir, but I'm hoping you'll just go away and leave me alone".
Order ref 314011**
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

MattBCL wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:38 pm Just spoke to VW again. Apparently my Tour was built (past tense!) in week 9 - contrary to an earlier chat I had with them - and is being "QA checked".

I'm pretty sure that quality is checked as part of the production cycle and when they roll off the line they're done. I mean: it's not as if they spot a paint blemish when everything's finished and then send it back for a respray right? Or find the batteries won't charge and send it back for a new battery pack. The QA checks are built-in along production.

All of which makes me wonder what it is they think they're checking? Or is "it's in QA check" VW-speak for "I've honestly no idea what stage of production your car is in Sir, but I'm hoping you'll just go away and leave me alone".
There is a final QA check at the end of the process. You should get the signed off form in your glovebox when you pick up the car (I did anyway). It's in German so not of much interest, but you can see the date. In my case, the car went to status 30 just after that.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

A boat has just left Emden for Grimsby... Malacca Highway. Due to dock tomorrow night around 7pm. Hopefully a few of our cars on there!
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
RSCut86

Post by RSCut86 »

Tried to use the VW chat function and was told I coordinated get an update, it needed to be the lease company
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

RSCut86 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:39 pm Tried to use the VW chat function and was told I coordinated get an update, it needed to be the lease company
I think it depends who you get, some will try and help others will fob you off I’m afraid.