2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

steviebabes wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:12 am One thing I have noticed since 2.4 is that the mirrors don't unfold on unlocking if the outside temperature is 0.0 or less degrees. They unfold as soon as you press the brake pedal to start the car up. Another thing is the interior lights behavior. When you park the car and open the door the lights come on. If you then go back to the open car within a couple of minutes, say to unload shopping, they don't come on but the ambient lighting and puddle lights do. The boot light always works. If you then go back to the car after say 20 mins the lights will then come on again. I can understand the mirror actions as it may be to do with them freezing and straining the motors but the interior lights are baffling.
I do think I'm getting slightly better consumption, especially when plugged in to preheat before a journey. The speakers have more bass response too in the mid settings.
"The boot light always works". Ah! But how do you know it goes out when you close the boot? 8-)

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

On 2.3 my mirrors wouldn’t unfold on unlock if I had the remote heating on…

I guess we’ll have to leave a wildlife cam on in the boot to catch schroedigers boot light 😁
adamjones

Post by adamjones »

Had my id.3 Business updated yesterday at Inchcape Shrewsbury, all smooth sailing.

I got back in the car and seem to have gained dual zone climate control with the 'smart air con' features, which was a nice surprise!
fin

Post by fin »

2.4 update just completed for me (Group 1 VW Peterborough). Dropped car off first thing Tuesday and was available for collection late Thursday afternoon, longer than expected perhaps but had a courtesy Taigo so no issue. On collection, they gave me a leaflet explaining that the v3.0 software update will soon be with me (like The Force perhaps!), and what advanced features I can expect with v3.0.
N4bro1

Post by N4bro1 »

I had my done in October 2022 it took 4 days and I wish I hadn’t had it done. I can’t use the in car charger function to charge it off peak as it deletes itself. So I have to plug it in at midnight. Still waiting for 3.0 and I spoke to my dealer last week and it’s going to be around May they think. I’m swapping the car in June. Vw have really dropped the ball on the id3