Incorrect range reported in the App.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Skippy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:20 am It is, but VW have not sorted this out 6 months after it was reported on here. Is there a mechanism to flag the issue to WeConnect/VW?
Which software is your ID running?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Skippy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:20 am It is, but VW have not sorted this out 6 months after it was reported on here. Is there a mechanism to flag the issue to WeConnect/VW?
There is an email addres for We connect. weconnect-support@volkswagen.de I assume VW look at some of these forums, but they do seem to mainly rely on Facebook for their feedback.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 am
There is an email addres for We connect. weconnect-support@volkswagen.de I assume VW look at some of these forums, but they do seem to mainly rely on Facebook for their feedback.
I am currently in conversation with We Connect over this isuue as mine is also showing the wrong range, this has only started happening since up updated to 3.0.
I am still waiting to hear back from We Connect, we've done the uninstalling the app and resetting the infotainment but to no joy and they've also had loads of screenshots.
So lets see what comes of it all.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Newfie wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:00 pm I am currently in conversation with We Connect over this isuue as mine is also showing the wrong range, this has only started happening since up updated to 3.0.
I am still waiting to hear back from We Connect, we've done the uninstalling the app and resetting the infotainment but to no joy and they've also had loads of screenshots.
According to people on the UK Fb page today, the latest release to iPhone has fixed the issue. (I think). I guess those of us on Android will get it in a few months.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:47 pm
Newfie wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:00 pm I am currently in conversation with We Connect over this isuue as mine is also showing the wrong range, this has only started happening since up updated to 3.0.
According to people on the UK Fb page today, the latest release to iPhone has fixed the issue. (I think). I guess those of us on Android will get it in a few months.
Sounds about right for VW and many other companies. Globally Android far out sells iOS.
It will be interesting to see when and if it does get released onto Android.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newfie wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:29 pm
Sounds about right for VW and many other companies. Globally Android far out sells iOS.
iPhone 11 here with WeConnect ID app V1.41.0 and it aint fixed here!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:33 pm
Newfie wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:29 pm

iPhone 11 here with WeConnect ID app V1.41.0 and it aint fixed here!
Do not quote me on this but I believe it is V2.0 on iOS

Question to all with this issue. Are you on S/W 3.0
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Doesn’t look like the issue is fixed. I downloaded v. 2.0 of the app earlier today and yes my id3 is on s/w 3.0.

When I read the above I checked the app and it was suggesting 71 miles from my 57% soc of the 58kwh battery. I just nipped out to the car and it said 110 miles, which the app now also says (well, 114 actually which is of course 7 x 1.6). Problem still there.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

chrisfs wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:21 pm Doesn’t look like the issue is fixed. I downloaded v. 2.0 of the app earlier today and yes my id3 is on s/w 3.0.

When I read the above I checked the app and it was suggesting 71 miles from my 57% soc of the 58kwh battery. I just nipped out to the car and it said 110 miles, which the app now also says (well, 114 actually which is of course 7 x 1.6). Problem still there.
Did you try pressing the new sync button in the app? I thought that was the main functional change. (But I have Android).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Thanks sidehaas, I hadn’t realised there was a sync button. Have clicked it now and maybe it will be working, will keep an eye on it.

I’m on Apple btw.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

V3.0 software, have had the incorrect range reading on the app for a long time. Now running V2.0.0 of the WeConnect app, and even with using the synch button, it still goes wrong.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

FYI I had this issue for several days after my 2.4 software update, but one day it stopped doing it and hasn't reoccurred since.
It did look like the range being shown was Km rather than miles.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Can anyone please explain what "activate optimised battery use" means?
I charged to 80% last night and when I press the "synchronise now" function, I now get this pop-up:

IMG_1098.PNG

knade

Post by knade »

Scratch wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:41 am Can anyone please explain what "activate optimised battery use" means?
I charged to 80% last night and when I press the "synchronise now" function, I now get this pop-up:

IMG_1098.PNG
Don't have my car yet but I think this is telling you that you can get all the communication from the app to the car to be powered by the main battery rather than the 12v. I would guess that the cold has probably got to your battery a bit and reduced its voltage down to what the app thinks is too low to utilise.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Copy/pasting a post I wrote on Facebook a while back...

This function is actually fairly complex. It's poorly named. Also I think a bit niche, but if some function in your app stops working, it may be worth trying. It is not just about using the HV battery to top up the 12V - that happens anyway since early software updates.
There was a very good description on the MeinID forum (use Google translate):
https://www.meinid.com/thread/4347-opti ... post145018
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scampo

Post by Scampo »

Save here - and the factor of 0.62 is correct also. Car shoes 165 miles / 70%; app showed 103 miles / 71% but has corrected itself after I sat in the car for a few minutes.
cookp

Post by cookp »

Same problem here with my iD5. I also use HomeAssistant with an integration that pulls car data from the VW servers and the data itself is often misreported between mls/kms. I don’t see any problems in the car itself so this is clearly an issue with the backend servers. They either misinterpret the data from the car or they misinterpret the data they publish out to the api that feeds the app (and in my case my HomeAssistant system).

It really is very poor for such a straightforward problem to have remained outstanding for so long.
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

I seen this tonight too. I was able to “fix” it in the app by going to settings and selecting “synchronise now”. It then displays the correct mileage estimate again
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
Itserve

Post by Itserve »

I have the exact same problem, just this week and following update from 2.4 to 3.2 at the dealer. I can confirm the conversion factor theory seems correct. Hope VW sort it soon but don't hold out much hope, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery in my experience. Last time I tried to talk to UK VW customer service they refused to believe I owned or leased the vehicle, despite providing them all the evidence and my dealer checking records and stating all was correct.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I chased this up 2 weeks ago with VW Customer Services with a complaint about this as it was months ago we got an answer back from them stating they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.
I got the same response this time around.
There are no words that can define the software team behind all this.