"You need to log in again" notification spam

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

Since the weekend I keep receiving notifications saying "You need to log in again. Please enter your login details". These stack up in short succession until I have between 4-8 of them in the notification tray. The notification says that I haven't used the car for some time and need to log in again 'for safety'. Car was only sat on the drive for 2 days.

Pressing 'delete all' does nothing. I have to manually go through each one and press 'later' to get it to go away. I first tried the 'login' option to sign in again, but after completing it successfully there was no difference.

Anyone else experienced this?

Fwiw the car shows my user account when I get in. I select it and it then gives the usual "You have new settings" pointless notification after a minute or two. Details are showing correctly in the WeConnect app.

Anyone else had this issue/been able to resolve it?

Car is running 3.0

ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

No, but out of interest, when did you receive the 3.0 update and what software level does it show in system settings? Mine is on 2.4 (which has broken some functionality) and VW UK cannot (or will not) tell me when 3.0 will be available.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:39 am No, but out of interest, when did you receive the 3.0 update and what software level does it show in system settings? Mine is on 2.4 (which has broken some functionality) and VW UK cannot (or will not) tell me when 3.0 will be available.
New cars are shipping with 3.0/3.1. The OTA update to 3.0 has only started in Germany so far, AFAIK.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

Correct, this was a 3.0 from the factory. Hopefully my experience can temper your enthusiasm for the upgrade. Yes some things will be added and some things may be fixed, but I can assure you there are still LOTS of bugs in 3.0. It's a shame really, the mechanics of the car are great but the software and the cheap interior are really letting them down.
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

Thanks. IMHO, VW were fazed by Tesla and others who got into the EV market first, and rushed out the ID.3 before the software and support was ready!
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
Stephen2697

Post by Stephen2697 »

I second this post. Been having this issue with my 2022 VW ID.3 on 3.0. Started occurring in the past two weeks. No explanation why & re-logging does not solve it.

Appreciate if anyone can share a fix for this if they find it. Cheers!
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

I’m getting the exact same thing on by Cupra Born. Got the car in July but about 2 weeks ago it started spamming me with messages saying I’ve not logged in for a long time. Can’t clear them but the car obviously is logged in as I can control stuff like heating on the app.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

I removed the main user (which resets the system) and removed the car from the phone app as well, then set it all back up again and it 'fixed' this particularly issue. I still get the annoying 'You have new settings' spam though. I dread to think how the system has been designed behind the scenes, it's staggeringly bad.
Pandjm

Post by Pandjm »

mathcrabby wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm I removed the main user (which resets the system) and removed the car from the phone app as well, then set it all back up again and it 'fixed' this particularly issue. I still get the annoying 'You have new settings' spam though. I dread to think how the system has been designed behind the scenes, it's staggeringly bad.
Late to the party here - I've been suffering the same issue for the past few weeks. Before I give the above a go (thanks @mathcrabby btw), have others successfully done it?
(iD.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance with factory installed 3.0.0)
Paul

iD.3 Family Pro Performance MY 22.5
spookycookie

Post by spookycookie »

Got the exact same annoying issue, You need to login again. Tried this scanning th QR code in the Vehicle section of the Mobile App, made no difference. Delete All doesnt register a click.

So advice is to delete the user and start again basically?

I'm on 3.0 same as it was shipped.

ALso I notice that preheating the car has started heating the passanger chair instead of driver!
Pandjm

Post by Pandjm »

spookycookie wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 am Got the exact same annoying issue, You need to login again. Tried this scanning th QR code in the Vehicle section of the Mobile App, made no difference. Delete All doesnt register a click.

So advice is to delete the user and start again basically?

I'm on 3.0 same as it was shipped.

ALso I notice that preheating the car has started heating the passanger chair instead of driver!
It seems to have worked for me 🤞. A bit of a pain in the butt, but lots better than repeated error reports!
Paul

duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

spookycookie wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 am G

That's because you drive on the wrong side of the road ya
The driver seat is on the the left.
Dis ist ein Deutsche auto! :lol:

Happy Christmas and I hope your 'Brexited car' gets fixed. :D
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
JMac

Post by JMac »

Also having this since around Nov 2022

Any word on a fix? If doesn’t appear to be causing any loss of function but large numbers of notifications. VW support ideas didn’t help and they say a fix is coming soon… 🤔
Pandjm

Post by Pandjm »

This cropped up for me again a month or so ago. After a couple of days and with good data connection (i.e. not in my garage!) I did exactly as it asked and logged in again. It worked and the repeated messages disappeared.
Paul