Battery Module 93P7 Recall

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hello,

Has anyone had this recall done yet? If yes how long does it take, some dealers are quoting a few days.
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

I’ve had it done. Car taken from Cheshire to Exeter for the work. Returned after 4 days. No documentation whatsoever which worries me
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Besides being contacted by whoever, to have this done, is there any way of knowing if your car has this 39P7 module?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Abadgermac wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:09 pm I’ve had it done. Car taken from Cheshire to Exeter for the work. Returned after 4 days. No documentation whatsoever which worries me
WOW that's a surprise, I'd have thought there would have been a suitable facility closer than that. That would mean a similar journey for mine if ever needed.

Scratch wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:51 am Besides being contacted by whoever, to have this done, is there any way of knowing if your car has this 39P7 module?
VW have stated in the press releases that owners can just contact their Service Partner and ask them to check the VIN,

It's only 10100 cars affected (ID.3 and ID.4s) all for European market and the Batteries were built in 2020 so I imagine it's 1st Editions and quite limited numbers in UK? Have to say up to now I hadn't heard of anyone having it done.
It's reported that 3000 of the vehicles are in Germany and according to one company with a number of fleet cars affected the VINs are in the 14000 - 17000 range although one in the 48000 was also affected. Worryingly clode to mine that last one.
Inkratlet

Post by Inkratlet »

I walked into my local VW dealership to pick up my 70 plate ID3 on 28th October having just sold my ice car back to Mercedes in another city.

As I walked in I was told my new car was affected by a safety recall and the manager would lose his job if he let me drive off in it.

I still don't have it (7th Nov).

It's had a new battery module and needed a subsequent software update. It took one half of the software update but failed to take the second. It was referred to VW technical and now needs a new control module in order to be able to take the software. This is all being passed to me by my sales rep so there's bound to be some oversimplification.

The new control module is on back order which could be up to 6 weeks. :shock: So beware, there could be complications.

I can't really complain, as they knew my predicament - one of the sales team picked me up from the train station - so they've sent me off in a 22 plate ID4 which I am charging at work so I'm driving around for free at the moment.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Inkratlet wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:48 am I walked into my local VW dealership to pick up my 70 plate ID3 on 28th October having just sold my ice car back to Mercedes in another city.

As I walked in I was told my new car was affected by a safety recall and the manager would lose his job if he let me drive off in it.

It's had a new battery module and needed a subsequent software update. It took one half of the software update but failed to take the second. It was referred to VW technical and now needs a new control module in order to be able to take the software. This is all being passed to me by my sales rep so there's bound to be some oversimplification.

The new control module is on back order which could be up to 6 weeks. :shock: So beware, there could be complications.

I can't really complain, as they knew my predicament - one of the sales team picked me up from the train station - so they've sent me off in a 22 plate ID4 which I am charging at work so I'm driving around for free at the moment.
i think 93p7 is not safety recall.just recall.....it mean still safe to drive .r u sure your car on 93p7 recall?this recall only can be done by vw battery centre only and only about 9 are in whole uk.
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

fatman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:00 pm
Inkratlet wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:48 am I walked into my local VW dealership to pick up my 70 plate ID3 on 28th October having just sold my ice car back to Mercedes in another city.

i think 93p7 is not safety recall.just recall.....it mean still safe to drive .r u sure your car on 93p7 recall?this recall only can be done by vw battery centre only and only about 9 are in whole uk.
Calling it a "recall" is a good thing. The dealers have to provide you with a no cost replacement vehicle while dealing with a "recall", even those Sheister dealership groups who normally charge you £18 "admin" per day to use their courtesy cars when yours is in for regular warranty or service work.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Calling it a "recall" is a good thing. The dealers have to provide you with a no cost replacement vehicle while dealing with a "recall", even those Sheister dealership groups who normally charge you £18 "admin" per day to use their courtesy cars when yours is in for regular warranty or service work.
Not quite, despite me pointing out the statement from VW I cancelled my 2.4 recall work with tthe original dealership as 'they do not provide courtesy cars in any circumstances due to Covid Rules'.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:12 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Not quite, despite me pointing out the statement from VW I cancelled my 2.4 recall work with tthe original dealership as 'they do not provide courtesy cars in any circumstances due to Covid Rules'.
That is against VW UK policy for "recalls". I'd report them to VWUK and find an alternative dealership to do the work. I got my 2.0-2.1 workshop update done under those terms when Covid restrictions were in full swing and from a dealership (Lookers Silverlink) that usually charges about £18 per day in insurance/admin fee for their "free" courtesy cars. They presumably had to wipe out the interior with alcoholic wipes afterwards, as when I got it, it had "sanitised for your protection" sticker sealson the doors as I collected it.

Sounds like your dealership has sold all its courtesy cars as available stock and is shirking its dealership responsibilities to keep courtesy cars under the cover of Covid protocols.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565