ID3 2.3 to 2.4 software update?

The place to discuss everything else..
SiD

Post by SiD »

Hi,
My ID3 1st edition had the 12v battery replaced at my local VW dealer 2 months ago & they said it had a software update to enable future over the air updates (they had the car for 2 days!). However, 2 months later the car is still running with software version 2.3 and there are no updates pending. I was expecting the car to come back from the dealer with 2.4 installed but I’m now confused! Is 2.3 to 2.4 a dealer upgrade or is it an OTA upgrade? If it’s OTA, where is it!!
Going into winter, I’d very much like to have version 2.4 with improved battery management in cold weather.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It should get done with the battery.
If it says 0912 on the same screen as it's says 2.3, you actually have 2.4. 2.4 does not show the correct version number.
If it says 0910, you still have 2.3.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
SiD

Post by SiD »

Thanks for the quick response. The car is showing software version 0912 (and 2.3.0) so does that mean I have 2.4 now!?
As a follow-on question, if I have 2.4, when can I expect to get the 3.0 OTA update?
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:58 pm It should get done with the battery.
If it says 0912 on the same screen as it's says 2.3, you actually have 2.4. 2.4 does not show the correct version number.
If it says 0910, you still have 2.3.
Ah that explains something.... Thank you.

Our car went to garage in September to (try to) fix some charging issues that had mysteriously appeared after one of the 'across air' updates.
We already had 2.3 software and was expecting to see 2,4 appear on the system info screen.
The garage said they did a software update (but I am quite sure no battery change) which took them 2 days.

However
1) It did not solve the charging problem - it still 'forgets' the 'maison' (home) charging location, AND any attempt to use a scheduled 'off-peak' period results in the low charge rate (2KW/h) that others have reported with the Octopus chargers in the UK.
2) the screen still shows (see photo)
ID Software 2,3,0.
BUT
Logiciel: 0912
Navigation: 22.6

So I thought the garage had not actually done the update....
I am still going to bend their ear and VW Customer service because we still have problems....and no sign of the 3,0.

EBBA1467-BDE8-43C4-94DD-36BE262ABCC0.jpeg

Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

SiD wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:10 pm Thanks for the quick response. The car is showing software version 0912 (and 2.3.0) so does that mean I have 2.4 now!?
As a follow-on question, if I have 2.4, when can I expect to get the 3.0 OTA update?
Q.1 yes.
Q.2 how long is a piece of string - it's being rolled out to a limited by number of us who basically volunteered to be late stage beta testers, if that rollout is successful enough and/or after VW have rectified problems arising, then they should start rolling it out to everyone else. So far the current wave seems to be going well as far as one can tell.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
SiD

Post by SiD »

Thanks again - much appreciated.
Deleted User 2790

Post by Deleted User 2790 »

Link to my post on Subject 3.0 Software Update yesterday for more info on rollout.