V3.2 software.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

As my new car has come with V3.2 software I thought I would start off the discussion of what's changed. I probably haven't noticed everything.

The vehicle and charging functions have been separated. The vehicle button can be accessed by pressing the home button when in the home screen to bring up all of the icons an. It now has the vehicle and info buttons together with the old consumption page where you can see the near instantaneous consumption. The charging button is on the home screen. It gives you the charging power in kW! I've not tried timed charging to see if it works as I leave that to my Ohme charger. When I get a chance I'll have a play with it.

The new software frequently tells me that there are changes to my settings to implement. Pressing the cancel button makes the message go away but only for a minute or so, very annoying, It doesn't tell you what changes it's making but so far it seems to be turning the mirror dipping in reverse function off, turning the lights animation on approach on, and changing the heated seats settings, all very annoying

The navigation has changed so that when approaching a junction on a motorway it changes the screen view to a representation of the lanes, showing you which lane to be in. The ID light also animates that you should leave at the junction. It's still got the bug where it tells you the junction is in one mile when it's 0.6 miles or 1KM. If the satnav thinks that you should be in a different lane as you approach a junction the ID light illuminates blue on the side that it thinks you should move to. It often wants to put you in the lane that it thinks would be the quickest for instance going from the M3 northbound to the M25 westbound towards Heathrow, it thinks you should move into lane 2 before the junction as if you are going to go towards Gatwick which seems odd. There doesn't appear to be any ID light indication at roundabouts yet.

The drivers screen has more information in it including a frost warning when the outside temperature is 4 degrees or below. You can now choose between navigation info on the drivers screen to a consumption screen . Permanent battery percentage is an improvement.

With the extra ultrasonic distance sensors on the car when in reverse you get a plan view cartoon of the whole car with indications of how close it thinks you are to all around it. You also get audio alerts and lots of them when squeezing into a tight-ish spot.

Cruise control dynamics don't appear to have changed.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

The new software frequently tells me that there are changes to my settings to implement. Pressing the cancel button makes the message go away but only for a minute or so, very annoying, It doesn't tell you what changes it's making but so far it seems to be turning the mirror dipping in reverse function off, turning the lights animation on approach on, and changing the heated seats settings, all very annoying
Set it to how you want, then go to Users and press the sync button.
tells you the junction is in one mile when it's 0.6 miles or 1KM
Most of my apps do this. Technically the junction is in 1 mile, but the slip road is in 0.6 miles. It's irritating when junctions are close.

Thanks for this. Lots of us on 3.2, but none of us know what things were improved in the background :)
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

May or not be of interest:
- your first paragraph was implemented in 3.0, except the charging power in kW, which is only in 3.2
- second paragraph seems to affect all cars built with 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2, but not 3.0 OTA. May be because of the setup stuff that you have to do when installing 3.0 OTA, don't know.
- third paragraph is from 3.0
- fourth paragraph is from 3.0 except the driving consumption data in the driver's screen, which is from 3.1
- interesting on cruise control. I feel like since 3.0 OTA the ACC is more willing to encroach on a car in front of me closer than the set distance, presumably in order to improve efficiency, than it was on 2.3. I may be imagining this.

The other thing you get in 3.1 is plug and charge. 3.2 apparently also contains bug fixes for 3.1.

(Someone from Skoda released a video on Twitter the other day outlining changes in 3.1 and 3.2, which should be consistent with ID cars. VW have released information themselves about 3.1 before, but I don't think they've said anything publicly about 3.2).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

"The drivers screen has more information in it including a frost warning when the outside temperature is 4 degrees or below"

My car is only on 2.4 but I get a warning about this, and pretty sure it's been there since I first got the car in Dec 2020??
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

How smooth is the experience when pressing an icon/swiping the screen?

Also, what do you think of the extra apps and games?
Sherlock wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:52 pm "The drivers screen has more information in it including a frost warning when the outside temperature is 4 degrees or below"

My car is only on 2.4 but I get a warning about this, and pretty sure it's been there since I first got the car in Dec 2020??
Yep. I'm on 2.3 and I see this.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Does anyone know when cars with 3.0 will get 3.1/3.2?
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

duncsand wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:34 pm Does anyone know when cars with 3.0 will get 3.1/3.2?
No.
Someone from Skoda has announced for Enyaq drivers they are hoping to do it in Q1 23, but can't commit fully to a date yet. VW seem to be a bit behind at the moment as Enyaqs have had 3.0 at the garage, although Skoda haven't yet done an OTA campaign and hopefully VW have at least learnt something from theirs. You would think they would do the general rollout of 3.0 first though. There's only speculation at the moment.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

duncsand wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:34 pm Does anyone know when cars with 3.0 will get 3.1/3.2?
I asked VW directly through an engagement I had with their complaints/customer services team and they were unable to get any information.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

Sorry if I've detailed some of the things that have been added in 3.0 and 3.1, going to a new car, I've jumped from 2.3 to 3.2. This was just my observations of the differences. I've by no means extensively gone through every screen. My intention was just to start of a 3.2 discussion as many will not see it any time soon given that they haven't rolled out 3.0 to lots of cars yet. I've no idea of the timescale.

I haven't really perceived any difference in the response of the screen. It's still laggy. I think what bugs me the most about this is that it doesn't pre-buffer the screen so if you for instance press the vehicle button after being in the car for a few minutes it still tells you to wait. Having gone to that screen if you subsequently go to another screen then back again it opens straight away so it clearly can remember the screens, it just doesn't do it in advance of you selecting them. I haven't downloaded any of the games, I'd much rather read a book if waiting to charge.

The cruise control distance to the car in front can be set in all versions of the software. Press the centre button and then use the up and down buttons to adjust. you have to be quite quick before it reverts to the up and down buttons adjusting the target speed. This is another setting that I've got a feeling that the car changed between uses. One of the things that could do with improvement is detecting another car coming into the space in front of you, it doesn't start to slow you down to re-establish the correct gap until the vehicle is completely in your lane. This hasn't improved in any version of software as far as I can see.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

smyth1492 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:25 am
I asked VW directly through an engagement I had with their complaints/customer services team and they were unable to get any information.
The problem there is you've not actually asked VW directly, all their contact centres are run by Capita, so it's impossible to get any decent information.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Big277wave wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:44 am
The cruise control distance to the car in front can be set in all versions of the software. Press the centre button and then use the up and down buttons to adjust. you have to be quite quick before it reverts to the up and down buttons adjusting the target speed. This is another setting that I've got a feeling that the car changed between uses. One of the things that could do with improvement is detecting another car coming into the space in front of you, it doesn't start to slow you down to re-establish the correct gap until the vehicle is completely in your lane. This hasn't improved in any version of software as far as I can see.
What I think is different in 3.0 is that the car is more willing to get closer to the car in front than the set distance nominally allows. I know you can change the set distance to one of five levels (on mine it has never changed between uses). My memory is that with 2.3, it kept fairly religiously to that distance, even if needing to brake fairly hard. Queuing in traffic was also left efficient with ACC on because it slowed and sped up more than you would if controlling it yourself and able to see further ahead. With 3.0 it will often allow itself to get a bit closer (ie the car in front being tracked gets closer than the line on the driver display), presumably to reduce unnecessary braking. It probably does improve efficiency a bit but I'm not always entirely comfortable with it. Like I say, this might all be my imagination or memory being faulty!

Something else different in 3.0 is that it now sets the indicated speed to the exact speed I chose, rather than usually setting it to 1mph (indicated) less.