New VW line up for 23/24

The place to discuss everything else..
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Would be nicer of course if they would build the cars that are already on order first,
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Dinsdale wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:09 am Would be nicer of course if they would build the cars that are already on order first,
Wouldn't it just.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Yep definitely would be nice to have our cars.

If VW wasn't such a shitshow I might have watched the video 😁
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

So many BIG cars. Why not an ID.1 or ID.2 that are smaller and more affordable?
Never going to get mass uptake of electric cars if there are only BIG cars available.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sherlock wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:07 pm So many BIG cars. Why not an ID.1 or ID.2 that are smaller and more affordable?
Never going to get mass uptake of electric cars if there are only BIG cars available.
The ID.2 is coming in 2025 (I think) it will be Up sized. This video isn't a VW production, it's just some cobbled together footage to pad out what was said in a Linkedin article. It's also as I am sure you noticed, an American production, so they will only see the bigger vehicles.
I thought I had also read that the ID.3 GTX would not be a twin motor all wheel drive release after all, but I can't find that source so must have imagined it.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I think you are right about the ID3 GTX G43FAN. I think this video is out of date. It doesn't mention the ID.3 facelift, which has had an official announcement (without any details) more recently than the GTX rumours. It also doesn't mention the ID.7, which was announced recently with a camouflaged car and I believe supersedes both the Aero and Space Vizzion concepts.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:32 pm
Sherlock wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:07 pm So many BIG cars. Why not an ID.1 or ID.2 that are smaller and more affordable?
The ID.2 is coming in 2025 (I think) it will be Up sized. This video isn't a VW production, it's just some cobbled together footage to pad out what was said in a Linkedin article. It's also as I am sure you noticed, an American production, so they will only see the bigger vehicles.
I thought I had also read that the ID.3 GTX would not be a twin motor all wheel drive release after all, but I can't find that source so must have imagined it.
Apologies as I can't remember the person's name but he has the Battery Life channel on YouTube - he has a video about it

The only ID futures I've seen mention of in the last week is that the ID. Buzz GTX will be revealed later in the year - Autocar reporting on comments made by VW on receiving a car of the year https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... 023-335bhp
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Battery Life - Chris.. I knew I had seen it somewhere.. Thanks AlistairL
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:31 pm Battery Life - Chris.. I knew I had seen it somewhere.. Thanks AlistairL
Chris, Chris, Chris - thanks G. It's daft because I always remember Walter :)

I asked the sales person about facelift news when I got my order update today; they are getting communications (e.g. the steering wheel will not be animal leather) but nothing concrete on appearance. He told me they cannot order them yet.
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:32 pm
Yes - I seem to recall reading something about an ID.2 so was surprised there was nothing about it in the video, especially as there were so many more BIG cars in it.

We already have the ID.4 and ID.5 BIG cars - why do they prioritise even more BIG cars rather than the ID.2?

I guess VW must think they can make more money with bigger profits on fewer larger car sales, rather than lower profits on a bigger number of smaller car sales.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

ID2/Polo video from Thomas at Autogefuhl. Looks really nice I think.

ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a Β£50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

sidehaas wrote: ↑Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:35 pm I think you are right about the ID3 GTX G43FAN. I think this video is out of date. It doesn't mention the ID.3 facelift, which has had an official announcement (without any details) more recently than the GTX rumours. It also doesn't mention the ID.7, which was announced recently with a camouflaged car and I believe supersedes both the Aero and Space Vizzion concepts.
The new ID3 is shown on the VW UK website - see https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... w-id3.html

The model shown seems to be a mixture of the mid 2021 Family & Style variants.
The black strip on the trailing edge of the bonnet has gone, but the bonnet still seems strangely (unnecessarily) raised.