Software loading problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Connolly

Post by Connolly »

I have had my ID3 for 2 years now and in my experience it is a very good car. This of course I have to qualify by the tetchiness of the software/ infotainment system. Like I think most of you I've had minor problems with the infotainment system with various errors showing up at random times but turning off the car and returning to it later would result in a reset and all would be well. Recently I have successfully installed the 3.0 OTA not without of course some struggles in uploading it - I have a weakish 2 bar 4G signal. The 3.0 software is working well for me and I appreciate the % charge being on permanent display- the timed charging works simply- and also the new version of we connect id which gives more info. My problem is that the car is telling me on startup that I have a new update available- pulsing light on startup. I have watched the tips with Battery life/Chris in how to get the upload happening and have tried numerous things to no avail. After the pulses stop I turn on the car with the brake, wait a while and then turn off the car with the on/off switch (as per Chris) and I get the goodbye screen. Touching the notification button " update available " is highlighted in blue - however Touching this does nothing. I believe that for part 2 of the 3.0 OTA I had to go through this same process AND on leaving the car a message appeared on screen to say that the update was ready to install or similar words. However this time zilch. As part of the 3.0 update my software version changed from version 362 to 363 so I assume I have both parts implemented on 3.0. By the by on several occasions I have parked in a strong signal area (5 bars 4G) but to no avail. Sidehaas if you see this could you point me to a way forward.? I also think you are a VW employee or if you're not - you should be. Can anyone throw any light on what might get this sorted?