"New Settings Available" and regular reset of car settings - Potential fix

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
N21

Post by N21 »

Not sure if this is a well-known issue but it's been plaguing me several times a week since I've got the car (v.3.2.0), where it'll either notify me that 'new settings are available' or it'll just reset all my vehicle's preferences/colours/settings etc anyway.

For anyone else who is experiencing this, I have unticked the 'Personalisation' option in the We Connect ID mobile app (Vehicle Settings > Mobile online services) and haven't experienced either issue a single time since—all my car settings are continuously remembered and I don't get this notification anymore.

As far as I understand, the only option I'm missing out on is that my preferences/settings are no longer uploaded to the cloud and able for me to use in other VW vehicles (which doesn't bother me.)

Anyway, your mileage may vary but just thought I'd share in case it's been bothering anyone else!

MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Many thanks has been bothering me too, I'll give setting a go.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Vehicles with 3.0 OTA don't have personalization of profiles and don't have this problem, so if you are able to disable it then it sounds like it has a reasonable chance of being a fix rather than a coincidence.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
ChrisTurner

Post by ChrisTurner »

Ah - that's been bugging me. Ta!
Id3 Life Pro 145PS Moonstone Grey (with cycle carrier and heat pump as extras) ordered 2nd October ‘21.
"Confirmed" build - week 34 (22nd August).
Collected on 26th September '22.
N21

Post by N21 »

Update for anyone interested: whilst this hasn’t stopped the pop-ups, they are certainly happening a LOT less.

Some settings are weirdly still being reset, notably driving profile and mirrors, but lighting preferences haven’t been reset once (which was the main thing annoying me!)
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

I'm on my second ID3 and never had this problem on the previous car. Now I'm on 3.2, it is really irritating me!

How can VW take such a simple thing and make it so annoying?
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

4 days into ownership and mines doing this now too
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

s9bl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:04 pm 4 days into ownership and mines doing this now too
Same here, had it 5 days and had the message at least once or twice per day. Will try toggling personalisation off as suggested.

I have also been unable to connect the shop on the infotainment system. Initially got nothing, last couple of days a message saying:

“Currently updating the range of offers. Please try again later.”

Anyone else seeing this?
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
ChrisTurner

Post by ChrisTurner »

Tried the suggestions, but stil getting this. Seems to be even more regular now.
Id3 Life Pro 145PS Moonstone Grey (with cycle carrier and heat pump as extras) ordered 2nd October ‘21.
"Confirmed" build - week 34 (22nd August).
Collected on 26th September '22.
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Tried this fix, but got the same message again today.

Not sure if related, or maybe some setting I have somewhere else, but if I accept the new settings, steering wheel heating seems to come on, even though it says it's off.
EdinburghID3 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:54 pm “Currently updating the range of offers. Please try again later.”

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I get this too.
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

ChrisTurner wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 am Tried the suggestions, but stil getting this. Seems to be even more regular now.
Been tinkering around with things a bit as I get used to the cars functions. I turned the personalisation settings off for best part of a day and then back on. Not seen the issue last couple of days.

Only other setting I think I changed was that I turned off the V2X as it kept telling me there was an issue and it was unavailable. Can’t remember the message exactly. Possibly worth trying that too if you have it on?
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

EdinburghID3 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:58 pm
ChrisTurner wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 am Tried the suggestions, but stil getting this. Seems to be even more regular now.
Been tinkering around with things a bit as I get used to the cars functions. I turned the personalisation settings off for best part of a day and then back on. Not seen the issue last couple of days.

Only other setting I think I changed was that I turned off the V2X as it kept telling me there was an issue and it was unavailable. Can’t remember the message exactly. Possibly worth trying that too if you have it on?
Just to follow up, I still haven’t seen the message. I dare not turn V2X back on just in case!
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Some things I've tried doing, and the message seems to have gone away for the past couple of days at least:

In the WeConnect ID app:
1. Log out and back in
2. Left the personalisation option enabled, as it seemed to have no effect at least for myself

In the car:
1. Accept new settings
2. Changed background colour to something different, so settings are different in the car to what would be stored against your WeConnect profile
3. Gone to the users screen, selected my user, and force synchronized the vehicle settings from there.

Not sure if something has just changed on the server to stop these notifications, or if any of the above steps have helped. I figured the settings are getting out of sync between profile and car, and the car thinking its own settings are older, so by making a change in the car, then force synchronizing from the car, it may be updating the settings on the server.
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

Good shout N21 - This I have found irritating since I got mine in November 22 - I've just found that Personalisation tab you mention and will give it a go, but looking at the other comments it appears it will work so, right hand left shoulder Sir.

Does this stop the car receiving or applying updates over the air or anything else significant (other than me using my profile elsewhere which is not an issue to me)?
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021
fatknacker

Post by fatknacker »

I'm having all the above + after only 2 weeks all the POI on my map have disappeared and main dealer in Bradford haven't got a clue.
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

Has anyone managed to find a solution to this. It's annoying now :D

Most annoying is that it keeps defaulting to 20c. That must be part of the original profile as well.
N21

Post by N21 »

EssEhJay wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:58 pm Has anyone managed to find a solution to this. It's annoying now :D

Most annoying is that it keeps defaulting to 20c. That must be part of the original profile as well.
I’m going in for a service appointment for this issue in a few weeks so I’ll report back.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

EssEhJay wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:58 pm Has anyone managed to find a solution to this. It's annoying now :D

When mine goes into the "I'll bloody do what I want to do, not what you want me to do" mode, it defaults to 22C with aircon on, this despite me having never set it to 22c and rarely using aircon.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Happened again after a few days, and reset a bunch of settings after accepting.
N21 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:51 pm

I’m going in for a service appointment for this issue in a few weeks so I’ll report back.
Would be good to know if there's anything they can do to solve it. Will be taking mine in too if so. It's really the most annoying thing.
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

Have you tried turning off V2X? I haven’t seen any issues since I did that. Maybe a coincidence but I’m not turning it back on just in case.
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger