Infotainment : Media

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MusicManInCar

Post by MusicManInCar »

Raxacorico wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:25 am I'm using two 128GB Sandisk sticks (USB A at one end, USB C at the other) and they work without problem. Music and video both work.
Thanks Raxacorico,appriciate it.

wickfordblue

Post by wickfordblue »

Hi All,

I've just got my id3 and I'm looking to put my mp3 connection on a Micro SD Card. I've got a usb c sd card reader on order. My questions are

a) I'm going to be using a 512GB Micro SD is this a problem
b) Do you need to format the SD Card in a particular format , FAT32, exFAT, NTFS etc
c) Do the files need to be put into a specfic directory structure

Thanks,
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Hi wickfordblue!
I used ExFAT on my Mac to format my Sandisk 128GB stick. It's USB C, as that's what the socket in the ID3 is. Not sure if there's a micro SD slot? [not as far as I'm aware]
Regarding the mp3 files, there are over a hundred, just dropped onto the stick, no folder structure at all. I think it will support a folder structure; so, for instance a folder for 'Classical' and another for 'pop'?
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
wickfordblue

Post by wickfordblue »

I was going to try a USB C Micro SD Adapter ... I'll post when it arrives to let you know how I got on
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

wickfordblue wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 pm I was going to try a USB C Micro SD Adapter ... I'll post when it arrives to let you know how I got on
Feeling that there is something in the electronic manual about not being able to use any form of adaptor between the USB C in the car and the media source, USB C flashdrive works fine as does my iPod Touch.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Jackieoliver

Post by Jackieoliver »

Just had software upgrade and now getting message that usb device not supported. Using a card in a usb adapter. Worked perfectly before update, any clues anyone?

Apologies new to forum and cannot work out how to do a new post on
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

I don't understand the need for additional external devices. I just have all my music (about 128Gb of it) on my phone and play it via Android Auto. Zero faff.
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Jackieoliver wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 am Just had software upgrade and now getting message that usb device not supported. Using a card in a usb adapter. Worked perfectly before update, any clues anyone?
Mine still works - usb stick - see post above, from 28th November 2022 - and I had the 3.2 update in May 2023
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]