Switching off warning lights

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Lesley Judith

Post by Lesley Judith »

Does anyone know how to switch off the yellow warning light? It told me my tyres needed air - which they did - but it won’t go off and reminds me on every new journey. Thanks.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Lesley Judith wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:07 am Does anyone know how to switch off the yellow warning light? It told me my tyres needed air - which they did - but it won’t go off and reminds me on every new journey. Thanks.
I haven't actually done it on the ID3 yet but VAG cars all use a similar system for tyre warnings. Go in to the vehicle menu, exterior and scroll through the screens until there is an option for wheels or tyres. Click that and you'll almost certainly bring up a menu with an option to reset tyre pressures or something along those lines. You need to click that (and possibly press confirm or something) when you are sure they are pumped up correctly. That's resets the system and will then warn you in future if it detects deviation between the tyres that could indicate a puncture. (It doesn't actually measure pressure, only rotational speed)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
vanb

Post by vanb »

Yes sidehaas is correct. I’ve not had to do it yet but this was the case with my past Audis. You need to go into the ‘infotainment’ system into the menu about tyre pressure and confirm that the tyres are now at the required pressure. You probably need to press and save the pressures. The car will then know that you have taken action and start monitoring your tyre pressures again. The yellow light will then go off and only come on when it’s time to do it all again. Hope you get it sorted.