ELECTRIC DRIVE NOT WORKING MESSAGE

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
JELLY

Post by JELLY »

Hi I am looking for some advice on a fault message please. I have my new iD3 1month now and have had error messages throughout the month. . one 'electic drive not working' and 'Error drive sytsem' whilst driving the car. I have purchased the car through a lease company who advised me to contact VW direct. VW say this is a unknow message to them and that I need to bring the car into the garage for 2-3 days to check it! So before I go down this route it would be great to hear is this is a common message alert or have i got problems ahead ? I attach some photos of the message - seems odd to have such a critical message in a car so new? Many thanks in advance

IMG-6216.jpg

IMG-6217.jpg

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes it's common - There are so many discussions on this error, you need to use the search function.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Common is relative. It's not something a large proportion of owners see but it does come up on the forums or Facebook groups fairly regularly. Some people say it's appeared once, gone after a restart and never come back. Others have needed a control module changing and at least a couple of people had a fault in the battery coolant system. It can mean a wide range of things - basically any error in the drive system like it says. So you need to book in for a diagnosis at the dealer. Bad luck!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
TimF

Post by TimF »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:40 am Common is relative. It's not something a large proportion of owners see but it does come up on the forums or Facebook groups fairly regularly. Some people say it's appeared once, gone after a restart and never come back. Others have needed a control module changing and at least a couple of people had a fault in the battery coolant system. It can mean a wide range of things - basically any error in the drive system like it says. So you need to book in for a diagnosis at the dealer. Bad luck!
There's a fourth way it happens, as it did with our car: Message appears for no obvious reason, car behaves normally. Contact service, told not to worry, booked in on a non-urgent basis. Meanwhile, message appears every time. Suddenly, for no obvious reason, message disappears. Contact service, told not to worry, appointment cancelled.
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

I was told that this can happen when you switch on and pull away in quick succession. So the car has not had time to fully switch on. I recognise this from the one time it happened and now give it a moment to "wake up" before engaging gear and pulling away. No further problems.