ID3 Official Recall - 3 seperate issues

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
hcheemayy

Post by hcheemayy »

Hi all,

Ive got an ID3 2020 1st Editon. I input my VIN into the VW recall system and this is what it showed...

Just wondering if anyone knows about these 3 recalls (numbers 1 and 2 below please, number 3 we all know about) and more importantly will ANY VW dealership honor this when I call them?

Recall 1:
-----------
Service Campaign/Recall Number 44T5
Commencement Date 11/05/2023
Service Campaign/Recall Description W-ID.3 Goodyear tyres

Recall 2:
-----------
Service Campaign/Recall Number 93P7
Commencement Date 01/09/2022
Service Campaign/Recall Description S-Check and replace battery module(s)

Recall 3:
-----------
Service Campaign/Recall Number 97GY
Commencement Date 28/04/2023
Service Campaign/Recall Description S-ID.Software 3.2 software update

Thank you.

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Number 1 is there is a manufacturing defect in some Goodyear tyres, if you have goodyear tyres on your car and they are the ones fitted at factory then they will be replaced. Number 2 is the High Voltage/Traction battery needs to be checked by software for defective modules, if a defect is found your car will have to go to a VW HV battery authorised dealership and they will repair/replace.

As with number 3 VW has said that these are all warranty work and no cost to the customer.

HTH
fsantarelli

Post by fsantarelli »

I wonder if these are going to be official recalls in the UK? Mine is showing numbers 1 and 2.
Tour Pro S a.k.a "Dotty"
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

fsantarelli wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:30 pm I wonder if these are going to be official recalls in the UK? Mine is showing numbers 1 and 2.
They are already official recalls. For applicable cars obviously.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fsantarelli

Post by fsantarelli »

sidehaas wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:51 pm
fsantarelli wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:30 pm I wonder if these are going to be official recalls in the UK? Mine is showing numbers 1 and 2.
They are already official recalls. For applicable cars obviously.
How one would find about this? The only website I saw in the forum was an Australian one. The MOT checker shows no outstanding recalls -- would it mean that this has been fixed? I wasn't informed about it by the dealer, that's why I'm assuming there isn't an official recall open here.

Is there a government or VW website (apart from the Australian one) that has this information? Many thanks!
Tour Pro S a.k.a "Dotty"
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The official website in Europe I believe is one called erWin that VW use to provide information to service centres. However as a member of the public you can pay to access it - up to 1 hour costs €7 plus vat. I have paid for this to get repair instructions for replacing a rear light cluster (saved me a couple of hundred quid). At the time I was able to also confirm that the recalls assigned to my VIN were the same as those shown when I put my VIN in to that Australian site. So, I think you can be reasonably confident that what the Australian site says for your VIN is correct, but if you want to check, you can pay for erWin. There isn't a free version in Europe.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:13 pm The official website in Europe I believe is one called erWin that VW use to provide information to service centres. However as a member of the public you can pay to access it - up to 1 hour costs €7 plus vat. I have paid for this to get repair instructions for replacing a rear light cluster (saved me a couple of hundred quid). At the time I was able to also confirm that the recalls assigned to my VIN were the same as those shown when I put my VIN in to that Australian site. So, I think you can be reasonably confident that what the Australian site says for your VIN is correct, but if you want to check, you can pay for erWin. There isn't a free version in Europe.
Sorry to hijack the thread but are you saying that the erWin website gives not only the recall data, but also the instructions on how to carry out that recall?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Scratch wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:56 am
sidehaas wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:13 pm The official website in Europe I believe is one called erWin that VW use to provide information to service centres. However as a member of the public you can pay to access it - up to 1 hour costs €7 plus vat. I have paid for this to get repair instructions for replacing a rear light cluster (saved me a couple of hundred quid). At the time I was able to also confirm that the recalls assigned to my VIN were the same as those shown when I put my VIN in to that Australian site. So, I think you can be reasonably confident that what the Australian site says for your VIN is correct, but if you want to check, you can pay for erWin. There isn't a free version in Europe.
Sorry to hijack the thread but are you saying that the erWin website gives not only the recall data, but also the instructions on how to carry out that recall?
I don't think so. It might, but I couldn't understand how to use a lot of it. The bits I managed to work out were (1) a simple vehicle specific page that says what current recalls or service items are due on your vehicle (after entering your VIN) and (2) a generic repair manual page that has available pdf downloads of repair manuals for all sorts of things, along diagrams. (2) all looks like stuff that was issued when the car was designed rather than in response to problems since. It's also mostly how to do individual steps (in my case take out or replace a rear light cluster). I think for more complex operations you'd have to work out yourself what steps to follow in what order. I'm also not sure if it covered battery work, I didn't look. It definitely doesn't cover how to do software updates in the bit I saw.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:06 am
Scratch wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:56 am
I don't think so. It might, but I couldn't understand how to use a lot of it. The bits I managed to work out were (1) a simple vehicle specific page that says what current recalls or service items are due on your vehicle (after entering your VIN) and (2) a generic repair manual page that has available pdf downloads of repair manuals for all sorts of things, along diagrams. (2) all looks like stuff that was issued when the car was designed rather than in response to problems since. It's also mostly how to do individual steps (in my case take out or replace a rear light cluster). I think for more complex operations you'd have to work out yourself what steps to follow in what order. I'm also not sure if it covered battery work, I didn't look. It definitely doesn't cover how to do software updates in the bit I saw.
OK. Well, I suppose every little helps.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I am old enough to remember when if there was a vehicle recall you were sent a letter in the post informing you of the issue and to contact your dealer to get an appointment to get the issue resolved.

Now you have to somehow find out about it yourself...

They could notify by email now and they wouldn't even to pay the postage any more.

Scandalous that they think so little of their customers.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sherlock wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:49 am I am old enough to remember when if there was a vehicle recall you were sent a letter in the post informing you of the issue and to contact your dealer to get an appointment to get the issue resolved.

They could notify by email now and they wouldn't even to pay the postage any more.

They're between a rock and a hard place on this, people are demanding updates and in this modern age social media is ideal for this, but they don't seem to understand that they should be making an announcment and releasing the content relevant to that announcment immediately. They keep making announcments about things they hope to release in the future, and they frequently use that platform to release info prior to actually letting dealerships know. (it seems)
The 3.2 update was supposed to be done via invite email, and it was supposed to prioritise 2.4 and below cars. But they decided again to tell everyone what they were about to implement, cue everyone immediately ringing their dealer irrespective of version and dealers updating on a 1st come basis rather than version priority.

Also, this is not really a recall, this is not a safety driven issue where they would have to contact, it's a service campaign update, you are not at risk if you don't do it.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:52 pm
Sherlock wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:49 am I am old enough to remember when if there was a vehicle recall you were sent a letter in the post informing you of the issue and to contact your dealer to get an appointment to get the issue resolved.

They're between a rock and a hard place on this, people are demanding updates and in this modern age social media is ideal for this, but they don't seem to understand that they should be making an announcment and releasing the content relevant to that announcment immediately. They keep making announcments about things they hope to release in the future, and they frequently use that platform to release info prior to actually letting dealerships know. (it seems)
The 3.2 update was supposed to be done via invite email, and it was supposed to prioritise 2.4 and below cars. But they decided again to tell everyone what they were about to implement, cue everyone immediately ringing their dealer irrespective of version and dealers updating on a 1st come basis rather than version priority.

Also, this is not really a recall, this is not a safety driven issue where they would have to contact, it's a service campaign update, you are not at risk if you don't do it.
I agree the software update is not a safety issue, but what about the tyres recall???
I can't see how an issue with the tyres can not be a safety issue.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sherlock wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:51 pm
I agree the software update is not a safety issue, but what about the tyres recall???
Sorry I was focussed on the Software / Battery..

Yes, completley agree the tyre recall is surely a safety issue.
voltsbragin

Post by voltsbragin »

Recall 1 completed today. As found.on another thread on here. Rear tyres inner wall split and tyre compromised. Dealer couldn't fit us in till 16th June, however on receipt of images made exception. 2021 Id3 with 215 50 19 93t goodyears. Replaced with Bridgestone FOC.

Check those tyres if you've not already!

20230524_190550(0).jpg

'Life' its all about the journey ;)
voltsbragin

Post by voltsbragin »

G43FAN wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:22 am
Sherlock wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:51 pm
Sorry I was focussed on the Software / Battery..

Yes, completley agree the tyre recall is surely a safety issue.
Surprisingly the tyre recall has not been deemed a safety recall according to the dealer. Apparently this is a precaution recall, to constitute a safety recall the DVLA would drive the recall through vehicle ownership. I smell a rat with goodyear and vw, I wonder how many accidents have been attributed to this tyre wall problem and how many owners have had tyres changed at own cost thinking this was due to wear? I doubt if vw know who has what tyres fitted on what vehicle, a courtesy call to check tyre brand would have been nice from dealer, they sure have your details when trying to flog you a new car !
'Life' its all about the journey ;)
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

It's utterly shocking how the tyre issue alone isn't a full on recall
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
hcheemayy

Post by hcheemayy »

Hi,
Is the tyre replacement for all the 4 goodyear tyres fitted on the ID3?
Thanks.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Does anyone know if many cars are failing the battery check? Or are the majority OK? Mine goes in a week on Monday.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

No idea, mine was Okay
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
vricc8

Post by vricc8 »

I was informed tyres are out of stock now and I need to wait for months to get them replaced