Software 3.2 updated and now home charging doesn’t work

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Chris

Post by Chris »

We took our car in to vw for the 1st service and the 3.2 software update and now the home charger doesn’t work.

We have the newer version of the bp pulse charger and before the update the scheduled charging worked perfectly, I’ve spoken with the service centre who said not sure what to do but we can have a look on the 22nd august.

Does anyone have any ideas of what settings I need to change in the car or charger?

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I can't help with scheduling from the charger, but you have the option of scheduling from the car (which works reliably with 3.x) as long as you are able to turn off schedules in the charger so it is effectively just a dumb socket.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I tried it last night but it failed so I had to go out and unplug and plug it back in again for it to work, good thing our cheap times start at 21:30

I set the preferred times in the car
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Chris wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:40 am I tried it last night but it failed so I had to go out and unplug and plug it back in again for it to work, good thing our cheap times start at 21:30

I set the preferred times in the car
If you describe how you set it up and how it failed, someone might be able to help. I assume you have the podpoint in dumb mode (so that if you plug the car in without a schedule or in "charge immediately" mode then it charges immediately at 7kw.) If not step 1 is to address that.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
wr21lge

Post by wr21lge »

Our podpoint charger stopped working on a schedule early June after working fine for a few months. PodPoint seems to have difficulty waking up the car when the schedule starts.

I can see the podpoint going from the green/yellow light to blue - but the car just does not notice.

It may be that your BP has had a firmware upgrade that you have no power over that means it too can no longer wake up the VW.

I spend a lot of time last year researching this and nudging podpoint, and seems things have regressed again.

We just got the 3.2 upgrade, so I will try and switch scheduling to the car and leave the podpoint as a dumb waiter
id3 Tech Pro Reg March 2021 bought 1st of November 2021 (Ex Demo)
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

My Cupra Born just got 3.2.1 and it refuses to charge on my Ohme if the charge doesn’t start in a few minutes. So it’s not just pod point that’s got issues.

I’m having to use my Ohme as a dumb charger and schedule charging in the car. The dealership hasn’t heard of anyone else with this problem but are asking Cupra about it and I’ve asked Ohme if they know anything.

Thought I’d check over here to see if any ID.3’s are effected and sure enough…
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
wr21lge

Post by wr21lge »

Podpoint have just put a special firmware update in ours, and it now charges again on the PodPoint scehdule.

I had a special firmware upgrade earlier in the year too to fix this very issue.

They have so far not answered my questions of what did you do differently?
id3 Tech Pro Reg March 2021 bought 1st of November 2021 (Ex Demo)
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Zappi also suffers from this, but as has been said, the car’s on-board scheduler works now. Well it did last night, hopefully it will again.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Scratch wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:55 pm Zappi also suffers from this, but as has been said, the car’s on-board scheduler works now. Well it did last night, hopefully it will again.
I'm not finding this here. No schedules on the vehicle - delayed charging via my Zappi as usual, before and after the dealership 3.2 update.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Raxacorico wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 pm
Scratch wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:55 pm Zappi also suffers from this, but as has been said, the car’s on-board scheduler works now. Well it did last night, hopefully it will again.
I'm not finding this here. No schedules on the vehicle - delayed charging via my Zappi as usual, before and after the dealership 3.2 update.
It’s probably another example of the unique way in which VW software operates.
My Zappi is a V2, not a V2.1. Maybe that is the difference? What version is yours?
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Scratch wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:39 pm
My Zappi is a V2, not a V2.1. Maybe that is the difference? What version is yours?
Not really sure, I've had it just over two years, and it had V3 software at point of sale.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Raxacorico wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:12 pm
Not really sure, I've had it just over two years, and it had V3 software at point of sale.
What I meant by version numbers was the version of the whole unit, not the software.
I believe (and somebody please correct this if I’m wrong) that there are, at least, 3 versions of the Zappi:
V1, which may not have had PEN protection.
V2, (mine) which has PEN protection and has a separate internet connected hub.
V2.1, which has PEN protection and the hub is built into the Zappi unit.
The software installed on my V2 Zappi unit is at V3.147
The software installed on my separate hub is at V3.077

I would hope I will get some response from my customer support request from Myenergi today.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:55 am

What I meant by version numbers was the version of the whole unit, not the software.
I believe (and somebody please correct this if I’m wrong) that there are, at least, 3 versions of the Zappi:

I would hope I will get some response from my customer support request from Myenergi today.
Mine has a seperate hub, so V2 then?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Raxacorico wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:28 am
Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:55 am

Mine has a seperate hub, so V2 then?
I would imagine so, yes.