Guessometer broken after 3.2 Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I charged my car to 100% last night, and this morning the mobile app is reporting the charge state is 100% and 132 miles of range.

Yesterday before charging it said 70% and 90 miles range.

Before the 3.2 update if I charged to 100% the app would report 230 miles of range - and that would prove to be fairly accurate.

I'm in the habit of routinely charging to 80%, and only ever charging to 100% immediately before setting off on a long journey. Today I'll be doing about 100 miles so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I've only had the 3.2 update four days, and my initial impression is that the car is now more efficient than before - it is reporting over 4mi/kWh on most (around town, short) journeys whereas before the update it would generally report below 4mi/kWh. So why the mobile app guessometer should be so pessimistic I cannot imagine.

Perhaps it hasn't yet got enough data to analyse my driving style, and is therefore assuming that I'm the most heavy-footed clodhopper on the planet.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

andy47

Post by andy47 »

The app thinks 211 miles is 211 km and so returns 132 miles range. Its confusing km and miles. To fix this either change units to km or manually resync the car with the app (look in settings) and give it a few minutes and this will resolve itsrlf. This is a well known bug.
ID3 MaxPro
Manganese, alloy wheels "Andoya"
Ordered Sept 21, received July 23
Intelligent Octopus, Easee Home
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Yes, a well known bug in the app. In fact look a few topics down from this one “can this be true 88% equals 137 miles” for more on this subject.

The second issue at play here is the inherent inaccuracy of the guessometer. It is only a guess and is based on the consumption of your recent driving. It is bound to be different than the 100 mile trip you are doing today - whether more or less depends on many things, but I would say mainly on the speed you drive at (motorway speed tends to use more).

The accurate figure you can rely on is the % of battery left and I encourage you to focus on this. You know you get about 4 miles per kWh so that’s a little over 2 miles per 1% of battery. Your 100 miles will use up less than half of your full charge.

Enjoy the trip!
phixion

Post by phixion »

Yeah this bug existed prior to 3.2.

I did contact VW with a bug report a few months ago and they fixed it, but it's broken again.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Thanks guys. I manually resync'd and after a while I noted it's now reading a reasonable approximation.

I'm very glad the battery % now shows in the instrument binnacle. I'll rely on that.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The other option you have now, is if you use the VW nav, and click on your destination in the route description it will tell you your prediction SoC on arrival.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.