Battery Competence Centres

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

Hi, I've had a look and can't find anything.

Is there a list of BCC available?

Mine has been recovered to one and they're telling me it's over 6 weeks until they can even look at it! If I can get a list, I will call around and see if anyone has any closer availability and then I can go speak to customer service and get it moved.

Thanks in advance

LetMeOut!

Post by LetMeOut! »

Same question
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

This list has been shared on the UK owner's Facebook group a few times. It is from a couple of years ago and I can say for certain that as of earlier this year Johnsons' only BCC was Solihull, so Warrington was definitely not one. But this gives you something to work with.

FB_IMG_1692030378566.jpg

ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:28 pm This list has been shared on the UK owner's Facebook group a few times. It is from a couple of years ago and I can say for certain that as of earlier this year Johnsons' only BCC was Solihull, so Warrington was definitely not one. But this gives you something to work with.
FB_IMG_1692030378566.jpg
Banbury checked my battery last week and its fine. But they won't be able to fix it if it has an issue. Mine would have had to go to Oxford.
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

VengefulSeal wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:47 pm Hi, I've had a look and can't find anything.

Is there a list of BCC available?

Mine has been recovered to one and they're telling me it's over 6 weeks until they can even look at it! If I can get a list, I will call around and see if anyone has any closer availability and then I can go speak to customer service and get it moved.

Thanks in advance
Honestly I think 6 weeks to get it in and look at it is ok'ish.

I contacted my dealership to book it in for the software update and battery check and they said it would be 7 months. I did call another dealership and they booked me in 4 weeks later but this would be for a software update and Battery check only. If the battery needed to be changed it would need to be booked in at a dedicated centre.

I think if your dealership is capable of replacing batteries you get the short end of the stick as others will be shipping cars there for work, and so, yeah.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

Thanks for the reply @sidehaas - nothing anywhere near me..

@TheMack - Car went in to garage on 25th July for the update to 3.2 and at this rate I will not be seeing it until middle of October at the earliest - best part of 3 months. Nothing about that is OK'ish at all. I appreciate what you're saying, but VW have really dropped the ball here. The fact that there are nowhere near enough places and people that can fix their cars is crazy.
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

VengefulSeal wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 am Thanks for the reply @sidehaas - nothing anywhere near me..

@TheMack - Car went in to garage on 25th July for the update to 3.2 and at this rate I will not be seeing it until middle of October at the earliest - best part of 3 months. Nothing about that is OK'ish at all. I appreciate what you're saying, but VW have really dropped the ball here. The fact that there are nowhere near enough places and people that can fix their cars is crazy.
? Why will you not see it for 3 months ?

Ours went in yesterday, I got the call today that the update was pretty much complete, just that they were charging it to let the last bit finish and I could collect tomorrow, however tests have shown my battery needs replacing/fixing.

But I am ok to take it home and use it.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
Kabfab

Post by Kabfab »

I’ve just had my start of 2024 booking (made in Aug) postponed to end April. Glad they phoned in advance but an 8 month wait for battery module sorting out is tough going for owners and VW telephone people alike. Started phoning around again to see if any where can do earlier. Any south east BCC location suggestions welcome.