Tyre recall

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Heard a rumour recently that some Goodyear? tyres fitted to early ID’s have to be swapped out.

Any truth?

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yes.
It's a recall.
If you think you have them, check with your dealer whether your car is affected. You can also check yourself via the VW erWin website for a small fee, or there is an Australian VW website that tells you any recalls on your car for free, but I don't know the link.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fin

Post by fin »

G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Yes mine 12/2020 got new continentail tyres to replace goodyear fitted at delivery est £1000 FOC yesterday, v pleased. 3.2 is however a pain in the rear end!!
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Yes I understand the Goodyear 19" tyres fitted as original equipment to some ID.3 1st Edition cars can develop radial cracks in the sidewall and are subject to a recall. Mine were swapped out after I'd driven on them 18,000 miles, for Bridgestone equivalents - which I think are quieter than the Goodyears. An unexpected gift which makes me feel a lot less frustrated with the long wait for the 3.2 software update.

When I bought my car nearly three years ago I knew the software was a work in progress and VW were promising it would be put right with an over the air update in, I thought, a few months. I consider that the 3.2 update is that long awaited fix - and I've waited nearly three years.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
ID.3 1st Edition