ID3 Charging issues

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tonimacaroni

Post by Tonimacaroni »

Hi All, just got a new ID3 in June this year. I dont have any issues with charging away from home. But I have a Fiat 500e and a home EO Mini pro 2 connector box. The EO app is set to charge off peak and lists my Fiat as the car. When I connect my ID3 to charge off peak I can hear a clicking noise and the car stops and starts charging?
It sounds like a contactor keeps opening and closing. I have recently changed the settings in the car and i think this maybe where its all gone wrong?
Has anyone had similar issues?

Big_GT

Post by Big_GT »

I don't know how the Fiat's work, but is it connected to the charger using API - Uconnect account ? if so when you plug the ID.3 in the charger will be looking for the Fiat.
Moonstone Grey ID.3 Max 2023
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Does it work fine on public AC chargers? If not obviously see your local dealer. If it does, then try charging at home with all the EO charger smart functions disabled and no schedule set, initially just an immediate charge, then try scheduling your charge using the car. If that all works you know the problem is something to do with the way EO signals the charge to the car. I have seen others with problems with an EO charger and ID3, but usually it involves the car limiting charge to 16A (~3.5-4kw).
If you narrow it down as above then (1) at least you have a way to schedule a charge if it works via the car and (2) you have more information to go to EO with, who are the people most likely to be able to fix it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.