Considering ID.3 Max Pro

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
phope

Post by phope »

Hello all

Looking to take my first steps into EV life and have been lurking for a month or so now, whilst I considered the best options for an ID.3 to replace a Skoda Karoq that is coming to the end of a 2 year lease deal in a couple of months.

I had initially been thinking about buying a used 1st Edition to take advantage of the spec and depreciation but the finance rates, even with recent incentives, mean that they are not quite as attractive as I thought they might be nearly 3 years in. Also factoring in whether an early car is 'worth' any potential hassle with updates, downloads and battery checks!

I've seen however today that several leasing companies are offering some good deals on pre-facelift models for September/October delivery, and I've made an enquiry on a Max Pro model with solid grey paint via LeaseLoco - pity they come with the 18" steels as standard but I dare say I could find a set of compatible alloys if I do go for the deal.

The website initially said £349 p/m for 10k miles, but when I enquired further, the price is lower still.

I believe the funder is VWFS - not sure who the supplying dealer is yet.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It's a good car, I'm sure you'll like it if you go for it. Double check the car is new (can they give you a reg?) - I'm just a bit surprised it says "2022.5" as I think model year 23 has been out for a while (there isn't any meaningful difference between my22.5 and my23 though).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
phope

Post by phope »

I believe they are new and unregistered (but to be registered this month), but am awaiting further details
Andyjor63

Post by Andyjor63 »

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole got a 2023 Family pro came with 3.2 software but the software is laughable even dangerous dealers have no idea what to do to fix issues like screen just loading please wait going off climate control turning itself on at full max voice control worse car ever not a patch on my previous bmw i3s vw never again
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

I would ignore this poster (Andyjor63), clearly just here to rant and troll, this is his second similar post.

Rob
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
phope

Post by phope »

All opinions are valid...I might just listen to some more than others :D
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Hi
Have had our ID3 Max for 4 months now. Other than the travel assistance turning itself of for about 4 minutes at 70mph on the motorway. That in itself was not to much of an issue, I just took over control. Other than that no faults or issues at all. Love the heads-up display. The DCC is not to great at slow speeds. But is fantastic at speed and corners like it's on rails. Not noticed any body roll. I drive in sport mode and D setting. Keep it charged to 80% most of the timme. If needed charge to 100% for those longer trips (Ikea). Average 3.8 kW/per mile. Running cost super low 7.5 pence per KWh. Self parking works, but needs getting used to, to slow and fast at the same time. Added an SSD via one of the front c usb sockets for media MP3 and video. 3.2 software.
Would like dynamic DCC, the suspension would firm up as the car gets faster.
The IQ MAX headlights turn night into day. Aircon works well, fan speed seems a high at times. The buttons on the steering wheel would be better if they were real buttons. Wondering if software 4.0 will make it to the ID3
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mark55 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:54 pm Hi
Have had our ID3 Max for 4 months now. Other than the travel assistance turning itself of for about 4 minutes at 70mph on the motorway. That in itself was not to much of an issue, I just took over control. Other than that no faults or issues at all. Love the heads-up display. The DCC is not to great at slow speeds. But is fantastic at speed and corners like it's on rails. Not noticed any body roll. I drive in sport mode and D setting. Keep it charged to 80% most of the timme. If needed charge to 100% for those longer trips (Ikea). Average 3.8 kW/per mile. Running cost super low 7.5 pence per KWh. Self parking works, but needs getting used to, to slow and fast at the same time. Added an SSD via one of the front c usb sockets for media MP3 and video. 3.2 software.
Would like dynamic DCC, the suspension would firm up as the car gets faster.
The IQ MAX headlights turn night into day. Aircon works well, fan speed seems a high at times. The buttons on the steering wheel would be better if they were real buttons. Wondering if software 4.0 will make it to the ID3
" If needed charge to 100% for those longer trips (Ikea)”. Unless of course, you live next door to Ikea, or you mean the one in Gothenburg ?
Everyone’s tips are great for newbies. We have had our ID3 for just over 2 years, and the mentioning of charging to 100% reminded me of the, “how long is too long for the battery to sit at 100% ?”, question.
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there,
You're coming in to this with your eyes wide open whereas some people came in to this with a head full of promises from VW.
It's a cracking car, that has 100% converted me to EVs, but it's not without its faults that have been further aggravated by VW - In my humble opinion 🤷
Yours should come fully updated which means you should be getting a good car. Enjoy.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

After just over 3 months with my ID.3 Max Pro Perf. I can say it's a great car. Yes there are still a few little niggles like the lane assist (which I can highly recommend doing the OBD11 trick and switching it off). I've just come back from a trip with my family in the car and it's been great all trip, it's never missed a beat and been a very calm & comfortable place to be. The Max comes with pretty much everything specced, so you'll have a great experience, especially with things like the head up display and the memory seats. Yes if you have the standard wheels with wheel trims, they aren't the nicest, but they're perfectly fine, plus a darn sight cheaper/easier to either replace or repair if they get scuffed.

My only thing would be, looking at the deal you've presented, essentially it's now an end-of-line model car being a pre-facelift, and although the facelift is a more expensive car with everything being an option, i'd still be angling for a bit of a discount, especially when they have stacks of un-registered or pre-registered cars floating around in stock, so i'd suggest trying to push them hard for a discount, especially as they're currently offering 0% etc.

But also, the important thing, if you haven't already done so, take a test drive ASAP!

Otherwise i'm sure you'll be really happy with it!
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
Andyjor63

Post by Andyjor63 »

Sorry not a troll but just telling the truth had kia Niro hybrid 2 bmw i3 and e208 gt all of these cars are better than id3 build quality software etc only electric car worth its salt is a Tesla just because of the supercharger network I don’t drive a electric car to save any plants that’s just crap it’s a choice I made regretted the vw id3 mainly due to software issues so don’t say trolls please just accept it’s rubbish why do you think they are going to change it and got rid of the guy in charge of releasing it
danielt

Post by danielt »

The things I like best about my ID.3 is simply that it's a nice place to sit. It is just delightfully uncluttered whilst still retaining an instrument cluster and being a proper hatchback! Of course one person's "uncluttered" is another person's "not-enough-buttons" so you have to go with how you feel about it... but if you like sitting in it then it is probably going to be good for you (especially since you'll get it with the fixed software from day 1).
phope

Post by phope »

Update - missed out on a couple of ID3 deals as the original deal quoted was a misprice and was withdrawn

Some of the other personal lease deals on a ID3 Tour that potentially looked good value turned out not to be as good as initially thought, so instead went to plan B, and have chosen a Cupra Born V2 e-Boost 77kWh in Geyser Silver that should arrive in November through my employer salary sacrifice scheme - the pricing seems to have worked in my favour for once