Change favorite radio station from steering buttons

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Franparo

Post by Franparo »

Hi everyone

Here a Spanish recently owner of a id3, that had read a lot here before becoming an owner, well is a second hand from 2021, with sw update up to 3.2

Doubts are rising while starting to use it, and one that a can not find how to solve is while listening to radio on the favorites tab, how can I move to the next radio station (on favorites) from steering buttons, I can’t figure it out, the only I found is from screen, but I hope there is a way to do it from steering.

Thanks in advance.

Midgex

Post by Midgex »

You can try the voice control?
Franparo

Post by Franparo »

I didn’t know you could do that… but my question is… is it possible to change from one favorite radio station to the next favorite one with the steering?

I hope there is one… but considering that for volume up you have to press right and left volume down, and for next song up or down I can’t remember… you never knows.

Just have checked the online manual and it says you can move from one radio station to the next either in the radio tab or the favorites tab
G EV

Post by G EV »

Yes it is possible. Right hand side. Up and down arrows. In one of the settings menus you have the option to set if the steering wheel arrows changes you to the next station in the list or if it scrolls through your saved favourite stations.
Franparo

Post by Franparo »

Great that worked! But would be nice it to worked with the active screen.
markjay10

Post by markjay10 »

Could someone please be more specific of the steps that I need to make to change from "all" stations to only "favourite" stations on the steering wheel control? I had to reprogram some favourites and lost this ability...
markjay10

Post by markjay10 »

2022 ID4. I persevered and answered my own question.

Steps are:

Radio/Media Settings >Radio>Arrow keys (top line of choices)>change from "all stations" to "presets"... Magic! Shame that it isn't in the instruction manual.
g320y

Post by g320y »

Thank you so much - that is really helpful!
scurry

Post by scurry »

markjay10 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:28 pm Shame that it isn't in the instruction manual.
:shock: There's an instruction manual ???