Post 3.2 Glitches & Charging ignoring max charge limit ?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

So since I had the 3.2 Update done last month I have noticed something.

Some people have mentioned their phone keeps disconnection from Android Auto, for me this has been ok, but one thing that keeps happening and very frequently is that while driving the radio volume dips then slowly increases again, and at other times it will simply stop any audio at all.
Sometimes I can get into the car and the audio wont be on at all and so on. This has also gone as far as affecting the in car wireless/hands free setup with my phone (Android) and I cannot hear people when on a call.

The only way to fix these issues is to stop, put the car in park and soft reset the infotainment system, and so far per week I am having to do this 3-5 times. (Use the car on average about 5-6 times a day).

The other thing I have noticed, and this is slightly more interesting is that I charged my car up yesterday, and the limit was set to 80%, but for some odd reason the car carried on, and when I came to going out I noticed the car was sat at 88% (and only because I disconnected the cable). Has anyone else noticed this, encountered this or have any idea as to why this is happening ?

20230923_170020.jpg

Reagrds,

Mac.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022

Splitty

Post by Splitty »

I thought it was just me. Since 3.2 charging has been OK, then the other morning I awoke to find that overnight the car charged o 100% even though it was set to 80%. Hasn’t done it since though.
vanb

Post by vanb »

My car has just had the latest software update. Everything is working fine-so far. Not had to charge yet as the dealership handed it back almost fully charged.

One thing I have noticed though is that the air conditioning has been updated. I ordered the Life Pro Performance which just had the classic air conditioning but now I have the smart air conditioning and air care. Not had chance to look at them though yet! Bonus.

After they had done the software update, they sent my car to Exeter to have a faulty battery module replaced as part of the recall.

I’m now all done and set up for winter…….. hopefully.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Anyone concerned about charging limits not working, I advise double-checking whether you have created any charging locations and of you have, check in the app that you have set the correct limit in that location. It's in a different menu than the main charging target and will override it whenever the car is in that location.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

240 miles at 88%=272 miles.shate your secret about how you drive .if 100% I get 235 I be very happy.please share your experience.how many miles on clock etc.
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
fatman

Post by fatman »

TheMack wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:51 pm So since I had the 3.2 Update done last month I have noticed something.

Some people have mentioned their phone keeps disconnection from Android Auto, for me this has been ok, but one thing that keeps happening and very frequently is that while driving the radio volume dips then slowly increases again, and at other times it will simply stop any audio at all.
Sometimes I can get into the car and the audio wont be on at all and so on. This has also gone as far as affecting the in car wireless/hands free setup with my phone (Android) and I cannot hear people when on a call.

The only way to fix these issues is to stop, put the car in park and soft reset the infotainment system, and so far per week I am having to do this 3-5 times. (Use the car on average about 5-6 times a day).

The other thing I have noticed, and this is slightly more interesting is that I charged my car up yesterday, and the limit was set to 80%, but for some odd reason the car carried on, and when I came to going out I noticed the car was sat at 88% (and only because I disconnected the cable). Has anyone else noticed this, encountered this or have any idea as to why this is happening ?
20230923_170020.jpg

Reagrds,

Mac.
240 miles at 88%=272 miles.shate your secret about how you drive .if 100% I get 235 I be very happy.please share your experience.how many miles on clock etc.
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

fatman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:08 pm
TheMack wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:51 pm So since I had the 3.2 Update done last month I have noticed something.

20230923_170020.jpg

Reagrds,

Mac.
In all honesty, I get around 60 miles per 25% driving from Worksop area to Lincoln and back. So no motorways. So a lot of it is 50 and 60 mph (But I even do this on A1 and M1 when im not in a rush).
I Always choose economy mode (select comfort then back to eco) and I never use air con as far as I can help it.

Bear in mind though I have dodgy battery modules which I am now booked in for to have sorted.

So I dont do anything super special, just no luxuries :(
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:15 am Anyone concerned about charging limits not working, I advise double-checking whether you have created any charging locations and of you have, check in the app that you have set the correct limit in that location. It's in a different menu than the main charging target and will override it whenever the car is in that location.
Thanks Sidehaas, no locations set in my case.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

fatman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:33 pm 240 miles at 88%=272 miles.shate your secret about how you drive .if 100% I get 235 I be very happy.please share your experience.how many miles on clock etc.
Ha ha. I was thinking exactly the same!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
TimF

Post by TimF »

With the radio volume issue, I find the default settings tend to change without me having done anything. In particular, the traffic (etc) announcements volume ought to come through at the same level at all times, but changing standard volume during a journey seems to influence the traffic settings too. "Park" volume also should stay the same, but it doesn't.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

Another oddity is that my App always shows the wrong range until I get in the car. I have checked its not in Km and I have synched it, however this morning it shows 117 miles at 80% again. When I get in the car it pops up to 186 miles….
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Splitty wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:01 am Another oddity is that my App always shows the wrong range until I get in the car. I have checked its not in Km and I have synched it, however this morning it shows 117 miles at 80% again. When I get in the car it pops up to 186 miles….
This is the km/miles conversion bug that affects everyone. It's been there since the first 3.0 cars started appearing. Someone has said it is fixed by 3.5 but we'll have to wait and see.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Splitty wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:28 am I thought it was just me. Since 3.2 charging has been OK, then the other morning I awoke to find that overnight the car charged o 100% even though it was set to 80%. Hasn’t done it since though.
I'm still on 3.0 (although the car says it is 3.1) and my car did exactly the same this week, when I want it to charge to 100% it refuses, when 80% is fine, it charges to 100% despite no changes to any routines.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Splitty wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:28 am I thought it was just me. Since 3.2 charging has been OK, then the other morning I awoke to find that overnight the car charged o 100% even though it was set to 80%. Hasn’t done it since though.
Not had a problem since the upgrade in July (or before the upgrade) and lo and behold got in it Saturday Morning and it had charged to 100%. Scheduling done via Zappi as has been for over 2 years and can't remember the last time I looked at the app, battery care mode is on switched on but always has been. Just wondering whether the Battery care throws a random 100% in for data collecting or something at some point as there's no explanation as to why 100% suddenly.
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:50 am
Just wondering whether the Battery care throws a random 100% in for data collecting or something at some point as there's no explanation as to why 100% suddenly.
Hmm, or whether the battery care mode does a periodic 100% charge to maintain the battery in good order ? But then why not tell users this I guess.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022