Heating and heated seats coming on by themselves

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Slathe

Post by Slathe »

Not sure if anyone has had this problem but my heating and heated seats keep coming on by themselves. As soon as I turn them off it comes back on. It’s only on the driver side so I think the touch temp button on the dash may be broken or it’s a software problem.

I’m still on 2.4 so was going to take it in anyway. Just wanted to check if anyone had it and managed to fix it without visiting the dealer

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Are you sure haven't either accidentally turned on zones in the app (inside the settings menu), or the equivalent function in the car (press the settings cog when in the climate screen)?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22). Also an ID.4 Max. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Slathe wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:32 pm Not sure if anyone has had this problem but my heating and heated seats keep coming on by themselves. As soon as I turn them off it comes back on. It’s only on the driver side so I think the touch temp button on the dash may be broken or it’s a software problem.

I’m still on 2.4 so was going to take it in anyway. Just wanted to check if anyone had it and managed to fix it without visiting the deal
This is not a surprise.My own experience has seen the Infotainment system coming on randomly while parked up in my driveway,and the radio transmitting via my mobile in my house and even the Air con coming on by itself while parked up in my driveway.I brought it back to the dealership and they investigated and found no issues,despite the fact that I provided them with a video of the Info system problem and the dealership had made a video of the problem.
ID.3Comfort Derry Alloys.
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

I have this problem too and I'm on 3.something. Only happens in warm weather. Heated seats come on by themselves, driver and passenger climate temperature increases or decreases - seems to be simulated key-presses as the seats tend to cycle through their heat levels as if someone was pressing the screen repeatedly.
Was told to clean the Infotainment panel which seemed to help, but not completely.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
rescott72

Post by rescott72 »

I also have this problem. Garage is going to fit a new module, but will take a while for the part to come. Anyone know how I can manually stop it from heating up? ie cable remove or fuse?
ID3isdrivingmemad

Post by ID3isdrivingmemad »

My wife's iD3 has exactly this issue too. It started yesterday. Luckily it was booked in for a service this morning. I took the car in and the VW engineer looked at the heating / heated seats coming on and off randomly / constantly too. They have said the car needs a new infotainment screen, which could take 4 weeks to source! I'm personally not convinced. Do you agree it could be the screen?. Sounds like a software issue to me, not a hardware issue.

In general I'm shocked at the amount of silly little issues with this car. We bought a VW EV as VW make good cars so expected the non-ev stuff to be as good as their normal cars, therefore leaving only the EV element as a bit of an unknown. I've had 4 golfs when I was younger (Mk2, MK1 GTI, Mk3). All of which were well made cars and very reliable. This ID3 is a joke. Who signs off an infotainment system that doesn't illuminate most of the controls for climate and volume at NIGHT !!! Why VW felt the need to cock around with all the elements of the car they have always made so well is beyond me. It's not just VW to be fair. BMW etc are all guilty of design for design sake on their EV's. Sorry, rant over !!!

Until this is fixed my wife will be driving around most of the summer with heated seats on. Come on VW. This isn't good enough.
Carlo111

Post by Carlo111 »

Same for me id.3 :(