Infotainment & driver screen issues after 3.2

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Robbain100

Post by Robbain100 »

Has anybody else had problems with their infotainment and drivers screens after the 3.2 update?

The infotainment screen cycles through clock, user logon and blank screen. This happened immediately after driving away after the update. It carried on even after the car was locked. It then became intermittent and would start at apparently random times during the journey.

The drivers screen switched between light and dark modes and then would go completely blank for a period before returning with Lane assist is not available and then back to normal. This was less often than the infotainment screen issue but still happened a few times.

Videos were provided to VW of the issue and the dealer has seen the issue during investigation.

The car has been at the dealer since mid August as VW do not know of a fix. Wondered whether my ID.3 is the only one with this issue.

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Robbain100 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:14 pm Has anybody else had problems with their infotainment and drivers screens after the 3.2 update?

The infotainment screen cycles through clock, user logon and blank screen. This happened immediately after driving away after the update. It carried on even after the car was locked. It then became intermittent and would start at apparently random times during the journey.

The drivers screen switched between light and dark modes and then would go completely blank for a period before returning with Lane assist is not available and then back to normal. This was less often than the infotainment screen issue but still happened a few times.

Videos were provided to VW of the issue and the dealer has seen the issue during investigation.

The car has been at the dealer since mid August as VW do not know of a fix. Wondered whether my ID.3 is the only one with this issue.
I hope mine is not developing that issue. I had 3.2 installed months ago without any issues, but recently the main screen has been cycling between trying to start up and a blank screen, until I start the ignition. Weird behaviour. Could this be an indication of an imminent issue with the 12V battery?
Robbain100

Post by Robbain100 »

On mine it always started once driving so hopefully your issue is different. I suspect mine is software related given it started immediately after the 3.2 update and some of the symptoms such as the drivers display going from dark to light seem to be purely software. The dealer has also tried replacing control units which have not fixed the issue.
Kabfab

Post by Kabfab »

Thanks to ID3 forum comments, the disconcerting time I had recently with both infotainment and driver’s screens going completely blank was solved with a long press of the power button on L and under the larger screen….so thanks all for that extremely helpful advice.