What have I done? Slow charging

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Dear god give me strength. So many curved balls with this car.

Yesterday, I set my home in the charge location as Home and asked for 100% by 7am today.

Used up a good chunk of energy and have put the car on charge, and I am now charging at 2kW instead of the usual 7kW. Which big red button did I press to arrange this? Aaaargh. So not clear as to what I have done.

Can someone see me right please? TIA
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Currently BG/Hive seem to be throttling down the power for off peak charging, down from 7 kwh to just above 3 kwh, obviously I do not know who you are with.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

2kw implies you have turned on reduced AC charging (assuming it's not the fault of your charger). You need to turn this off. You can do it in the app while charging - in the main settings menu, or if you have a charging location set up then in the settings for that location via the departure times menu.

The other possibility is that the plug is not fully seated or there is some grit in the connection.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Funnily enough, wife went to the shops, came back and plugged in and it went up to 7kW. I will have a better look next time I am in the car.

Thanks for the pointers.

FWIW I'm with Octopus (Tracker).
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Tucopacifico

Post by Tucopacifico »

I've had similar issue when using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus charge scheduling. It will only juice at 3kwh off peak, but if I can cancel and change to a manual charge, again in the Wallbox app it goes back to the 7Kwh charging rate. I've tried using the VW App and the in car schedules and none of them are consistent. Sometimes my car is charged, sometimes not. This car is fab to drive in so many ways but the software is so poor and inconsistent that I'm looking forward to a change when my lease ends. I've just had the 8hr Software update and hoping some improvement is had. My car has a life if its own and never remembers my user settings, temp etc, background colour and I've just accepted it and hoped for a fix so we'll see. An exciting drive let down by ten year old laptop glitches and freezes I'm afraid.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Tucopacifico wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:10 am An exciting drive let down by ten year old laptop glitches and freezes I'm afraid.
Very true
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max