Service Interval - now 2yr

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rwh202

Post by rwh202 »

I had a call with local VW, booking the 3yr MoT on our ID.3 and when I enquired about getting the service done too, I was assured it wasn't needed until next year.
I didn't believe them (dealers after all...), but sure enough, service only every 2 years now:

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... ctric.html

Inspection Service - every 2 years, without a mileage interval/limitation

Any idea when this changed?

Just thought I'd post incase others were still in the belief it was every year after 2.
ID.3 Business - Moonstone

Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

Hasn't it always been 2 years?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Nerdy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:37 pm Hasn't it always been 2 years?
Yes
rwh202

Post by rwh202 »

Our original info was:

"Subsequent services every 1 year or 20,000 miles (30,000km), whichever is soonest"
ID.3 Business - Moonstone
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Yes it was 2 years unlimited mileage then every 12 months but it does seem to have become every 2 years.
TimF

Post by TimF »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:06 pm Yes it was 2 years unlimited mileage then every 12 months but it does seem to have become every 2 years.
Does this mean that some people bought the 3-year service plan expecting to get two services but will only get one?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

TimF wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:09 am
G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:06 pm Yes it was 2 years unlimited mileage then every 12 months but it does seem to have become every 2 years.
Does this mean that some people bought the 3-year service plan expecting to get two services but will only get one?
I'd not really thought of that, but as the car will need an MOT at 3yrs and that's part of the £199 plan the dealer will see the car at 3 years anyway and each year after (possibly) so I think it's misleading anyway.
foreverwaiting

Post by foreverwaiting »

Has anyone noticed in the app. Under vehicle health it tells you when the car is due for service. This morning I wrote a email to the dealer. Asking for clarification on service intervals. Answer was 2 years. But the car app indicated service currently due. This evening I had another look, but now it says due in. 288days.

It is very strange

I also opted for a service plan.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

foreverwaiting wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:34 pm Has anyone noticed in the app. Under vehicle health it tells you when the car is due for service. This morning I wrote a email to the dealer. Asking for clarification on service intervals. Answer was 2 years. But the car app indicated service currently due. This evening I had another look, but now it says due in. 288days.

It is very strange

I also opted for a service plan.
Yes. Beware in the past it has sometimes been reset by software updates so you should keep an awareness yourself. We had our first service in January and at the moment the app is correct. Simple 2 year intervals make it easy.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.