6 months into ownership, all going well...

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

Today marks 6 months since I collected my ID.3 and up until the last week, I'd say it's been going pretty well - the car is incredibly comfortable, it's airy and bright (the panoramic roof in the max makes the car feel even more spacious than it is), The augmented reality headup display works really well, the car is smooth, it's a very composed chassis, reassuring to drive, nippy and pretty efficient overall - i've easily seen 4.5 miles/kwh, although the average to date is 4.2 miles/kwh on a mix of shorter and longer journeys. Yes the infotainment isn't amazing, but it's definitely better than the reviews would say, even with 3.2 installed. Overall i'd say the car's great and the experience has been going well...

Then at the start of the week, my dad took the car out and on returning home let me know about an error message popping up about an ACC error and drive error, the car then refused to change gear without a power cycle - the errors then didn't show up and you could drive away. The following day, in the hope it was just a blip, we took the car out and within 5 mins the error had popped up again, so I made a phone call to the local dealer & discussed the issue with them and booked the car in to be checked over. On checking the car over they initially couldn't find any problems, no errors were flashing up and the errors hadn't been tracked by the car and the car was returned and I was told to monitor the issue.

Fast forward to this afternoon, we again took the car out, and wouldn't you believe it, within 5 mins the errors popped up again, this time we decided to take the car straight back to the dealer so they could see the error messages, but of course with the seat belt sensor and seat sensor they couldn't access the car without a power cycle, but at least the tech could see the error message and the faults had been tracked this time, so fingers crossed when the car goes into the dealer in 3 weeks things can be sorted out, but we shall see.

I still think it's a great car and hopefully once these issues have been resolved I'll feel a bit more 100% about the car again.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023