12v battery restricted

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Hi
Had the car since may 2021 from new, 3.2, software,12v battery replacement and HV battery check done. Over last two days as temperature has dropped I am getting 12v battery restricted message. When the temp rises above 5 degrees message goes away. Checked 12v battery but it is at 100% so not a problem of battery drain. Have the car booked in but if message is not there not sure they will find anything.
Two questions;
1) anyone else seeing this?
2) what does 12v battery restricted mean?

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I have seen this and like yourself it is when the temperature is low overnight.
Unlike yourself I am losing SoC from the 12v battery. On one very cold night a few weeks ago it lost 40% overnight.
The dealer has looked at the issue but needed to contact VW before they would go any further. It is due back in the dealer next Friday for them to do more tests that VW have asked them to do.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I never see it. However from the ID driver's club Facebook group, I get the impression it's entirely normal for people in Scandinavia in winter and they just ignore it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
gwr

Post by gwr »

Yes, I'm getting it too despite the app setting being to maintain charge from the main battery. Really annoying because the only time you want to warm the car up in advance is when it's cold, yet you can't if the 12V battery's low.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland