ID. Cockpit suddenly "stuck"

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3

Post by avatar55 »

Hello guys,

Sorry if my English is not the best. Yesterday everything was fine with my ID.3, and I plugged in the home charger when I got home from work. The next day the car had not charged (and will not charge via home charger), and the ID. Cockpit was "stuck" like you can see in the picture. It's in Norwegian, and says "Warnings and information is not available. Drive safely!". I can drive the car, but the cockpit-display is not responding to input and stays stuck on that message, and doesn't even show how fast I'm driving. I tried to fast charge the car at a gas station and that worked fine. Also, the Infotainment system won't get online, and stays in offline mode. It doesn't let me see or do anything with the settings for charging. As you can see on the picture, it says "This functionality is not available right now". The rear view camera is also not working, only the sensors.

Anyone have any ideas as to what has happened and if there's anything I can do? The car just went from fully functional to this over night. I have booked an appointment with the retailer, but that's not until February 7th.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thomas

View of Infotainment.jpg

View of ID Cockpit.jpg

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Definitely see the dealer. In the meantime, perhaps a long shot but try a full reset of the infotainment - hold down the button below left of the screen for 15-20 seconds until it resets. And obviously if you haven't already, check that just leaving the car alone for a while doesn't fix it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

Post by avatar55 »

When I turned the car on the next day, everything was fine again without me doing anything... strange. I'm glad that the issue is resolved, but at the same time, I feel this can happen again out of the blue. If it does, I'll try the reboot-option!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I would book in with the dealer and show them the pics. They might fob you off but best to try in case there is an electronic module that needs replacing.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Hi,

I had very similar experience where all I had was a nice big clock on infotainment screen. I could swipe left and right for different version of a clock but that was it.
Strangely enough when someone call me then main screen unlock ( I had an access to map, radio etc ) but as soon as they hung up - clock again.

I've invested in ODB for Volkswagen, did diagnosis and "Hard reset". All fixed now.

Regards,
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Wojtek wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:57 pm Hi,

I had very similar experience where all I had was a nice big clock on infotainment screen. I could swipe left and right for different version of a clock but that was it.
Strangely enough when someone call me then main screen unlock ( I had an access to map, radio etc ) but as soon as they hung up - clock again.

I've invested in ODB for Volkswagen, did diagnosis and "Hard reset". All fixed now.

Regards,
I assume you tried just turning the screen on with the bottom left button? If you turn it off using that button, you get exactly what you describe. You could have just turned it off by mistake.
Wojtek

Post by Wojtek »

Hi, trust me I had a whole week and I've pressed all buttons about 1000 times. Thanks for a tip mate.