Since 3.2 Android Auto has been awful for me

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
phixion

Post by phixion »

Since I got the 3.2 update, Android Auto very rarely disconnects and then instantly reconnects.

Sometimes Android Auto connects fine but I get absolutely no audio even with music playing. I've had this a few times recently and have had to completely reset the car infotainment system to get sound working again.

When I had this issue yesterday I navigated to the sound options within the infotainment screen and there was a message along the lines of "audio is not yet available". I will double check this message if I get it again.

So is anyone else experience similar issues? I have a fairly new phone (Samsung S23) and didn't ever have any of these issues prior to 3.2.

My phone has had a fresh factory reset recently too and I'm still seeing the same issues, so I'm putting the blame firmly on the car at this point. Also the fact that when I force a hard reset on the car it starts working again.

These issues are quite annoying and I was hoping that there might be a known error out there and that I might be able to book the car in to get it sorted. Last time I asked them to check for this they briefly connected their Android device and said "all is fine!".
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger