No 3.2.1 update?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
N21

Post by N21 »

Hey all! I keep seeing reports of people getting prompted for the 3.2.1 update yet I haven’t received it yet.

I’ve been ‘opted in’ on MyVW since the day it was announced by VW but even despite this, it’s not showing as an outstanding update on the recall page (which I understand is the expected behaviour prior to the update being pushed to the vehicle).

I have a car that came with 3.1 from the factory and OTA’d to 3.2 immediately after receiving.

The only thing I can put it down to is that my car was sent in for the ‘New Settings Available’ TPI software patch a while ago (however the car still reports it is on 3.2). Just wondering if anyone is in a similar boat or can shed any light. Thank you!

LeonV

Post by LeonV »

Not much light - but I'm still waiting for the update too. Car 2.5 years old.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I'm the same as you, and I think many people are. They said they would release it in waves like previous ota updates to be sure it's working ok. So it won't come to your car until your car is in a released wave.

When you get it, you won't see any difference afterwards. It'll still just say 3.2 in the infotainment; it doesn't specify sub versions at the level below that (there were multiple versions of 3.0 around that were all called 3.0).

Of course it remains possible they'll cancel it if there are too many problems. I've heard of a couple of people's cars being bricked by it now, like happened to about 5% of cars with the 3.0 update. If this minor one turns out to be no more reliable it will make me think it was even stupider to make everyone visit the shop for 3.2!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the programme is successful, problems are understood, it gets rolled out more widely soon and then followed up by a more substantial update (eg to 3.7?) fairly soon.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I think VW only go to one decimal place, so if you are looking in your car, you may only see 3.2 BUT the car might be on 3.2.1 - that's my understanding, happy to be wrong.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
N21

Post by N21 »

Thanks so much everyone - glad to hear that it's not just me, at least I'm not alone! :D
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

N21 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:02 pm Thanks so much everyone - glad to hear that it's not just me, at least I'm not alone! :D
I’m still waiting. Is it like previous OTA updates requiring >50% battery and not plugged in?
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
petjamrut

Post by petjamrut »

Wifes ID3 was on 3.2 recieved OTA update last week,. Tood 52 minutes but stupidly I opted for it without thinking at the local garden centre, cost me a fortune in their coffee shop! Stated it will still display 3.3 - it does.
My ID3 booked in for 3.0 - 3.2 at dealer before end of month. At least it will making charging with Electroverse easier as once you have 3.2 you can just plug in with no need for app or RFID card.
22 Kings Red & 23 Stonewash Blue both Life Pro Performance with East Derry's
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

petjamrut wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 pm At least it will making charging with Electroverse easier as once you have 3.2 you can just plug in with no need for app or RFID card.
Only on lonity chargers.
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325