end of PCP/ missing items query

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Lester

Post by Lester »

Good morning all
I bought my ID3 Pro Performance in April 2021 on a 3-year PCP deal. I've decided to hand the car back rather than take the other options. As part of the inspection for damage etc, there is a charge for missing items.

VWFS want to charge £354 for a missing charging lead, which they indicate would have been included with the car. There was no charging lead included when I bought mine. Not only that, there is no charging lead shown on my original invoice. Even so, they're still not happy.

Before I decide how to respond to this, I'd like to know if other owners were supplied with a charging lead, or am I the only one who didn't get one?

Thanks for any help

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Lester wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am Before I decide how to respond to this, I'd like to know if other owners were supplied with a charging lead, or am I the only one who didn't get one?
Yes, I had a type 2 included; I believe this was the original spec.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I am on my second ID.3 and both came with a type 2 charging cable. Neither came with a granny charger though if that is what you mean.
Lester

Post by Lester »

Thanks for your replies. It is the type 2 cable, not a granny charger.
OmaSyl

Post by OmaSyl »

Mine included a Type 2 charger. Bought on PCP in November 2023
ID3 Pro 2024 Kings Red
East Derry wheels
Transport hitch
Zappi charger
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Lester wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am Good morning all
I bought my ID3 Pro Performance in April 2021 on a 3-year PCP deal. I've decided to hand the car back rather than take the other options. As part of the inspection for damage etc, there is a charge for missing items.

VWFS want to charge £354 for a missing charging lead, which they indicate would have been included with the car. There was no charging lead included when I bought mine. Not only that, there is no charging lead shown on my original invoice. Even so, they're still not happy.

Before I decide how to respond to this, I'd like to know if other owners were supplied with a charging lead, or am I the only one who didn't get one?

Thanks for any help
A type 2 cable has always been standard equipment as far as I'm aware. A granny charger (3 pin) has always been an optional extra.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

It should have come with a thick black type 2 but you would pay extra for a yellow cabled 3-pin but you can pick them both up on eBay
vanb

Post by vanb »

Mine came with a type 2 cable as standard.
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

Lester wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am Good morning all

Thanks for any help
Yes mine came with a type 2 charging lead only, my understanding is this is standard regardless of the model type. The VW slow “granny charger” is an optional extra but may come free with the higher spec models. Just make sure you get a similar spec lead, you can purchase a 2nd hand one on eBay which will be cheaper then settling for lost items
Cheers
Chris
Phill

Post by Phill »

I'd just buy one on EBay. You can get brand new, genuine VW ones for about £60 delivered.