UK Government Grants

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

So the government have pulled th plug on cars with a list value over £35k.

As our car has been in the dealers for 3 months now we have asked for our money back, only to find that we would now pay £2500 more to buy the same car. Or we could go for a cheaper mark, maybe not a bad idea with all the problems VW owners are facing with id3s.

Question?
Has any id3 owner out there NOT had a problem? (We only hear from those who do.)

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I haven't had any problem worth bothering about, and since the car has had its 2.1 software update everything is working just fine. The only real irritant has been a tyre puncture...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Bigeyedbean

Post by Bigeyedbean »

All fine here too. Currently running on 0783 software, booked to go in to dealer on 6th April for update. About the only thing I’ve noticed is the occasional brief music dropout when using apple car play.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

No problems here! On 2.0 software and all is good....
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

An interesting question, I think you've answered yourself. Most of the people on here are here because of problems.
However, to add to those above, I can't say as I have had any issues at all with the car from a transport POV. I had an issue connecting to my WiFi, 2.1 appears to have resolved that although I am unsure of why I even want that connection at the moment and briefly a key stopped working. The fact that there's a slot in the car to place a key to re-sync it tells you that it happens occasionally.

The car is excellent, roomy and comfortable, drives really well and is quicker than I expected (battery % allowing). So far the rest of the family are impressed. (My experience is of 2.0 and 2.1 software only though and barely 400 miles)
Ians

Post by Ians »

No problems with either 2.0 or 2.1
Folkramfer

Post by Folkramfer »

Thanks all, that's reassuring (punctures aside).