How long does it take to get a VW order number?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Not sure of the relationship between the order number and build week though. I ordered a Family Pro performance, White, Heatpump and bicycle carrier on 16th of July. Got the Order number starting 313 on the 21st of July and was able to have it recognised by the VW tracker before they took it down. Dealer told me build week is now week 47 (22Nov). So with Christmas and the new year I'm expecting a February delivery.
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.

joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

3twins wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:01 pm Not sure of the relationship between the order number and build week though. I ordered a Family Pro performance, White, Heatpump and bicycle carrier on 16th of July. Got the Order number starting 313 on the 21st of July and was able to have it recognised by the VW tracker before they took it down. Dealer told me build week is now week 47 (22Nov). So with Christmas and the new year I'm expecting a February delivery.
I don’t think there is much of a link between the two. An order could be entered into the system before that particular dealer has available allocation, whereas a order entered after with a different dealer could be built earlier if they have allocation still available.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
3twins

Post by 3twins »

joshgiova wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm
3twins wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:01 pm Not sure of the relationship between the order number and build week though. I ordered a Family Pro performance, White, Heatpump and bicycle carrier on 16th of July. Got the Order number starting 313 on the 21st of July and was able to have it recognised by the VW tracker before they took it down. Dealer told me build week is now week 47 (22Nov). So with Christmas and the new year I'm expecting a February delivery.
I don’t think there is much of a link between the two. An order could be entered into the system before that particular dealer has available allocation, whereas a order entered after with a different dealer could be built earlier if they have allocation still available.
That makes sense.
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

joshgiova wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm
Also, I have one of the first 314xxxx orders, ordered 2nd week of July.

Both the dealer and VW have confirmed BW40, which I think is next week. Bog standard spec Pure Pro Performance with no extras.

Could well be the bog spec which has done me a favour.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

I placed mine on 2nd July and order number is starting 312. BW 34 and now waiting at Emden. I think that I got lucky with a vehicle that dealer had ordered for stock already.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21